Updates on Fiskville inquiry
To get free news alerts on the parliamentary inquiry into the CFA training college at Fiskville email email@example.com and ask for Fiskville inquiry updates.
To join our free email alert service for all news alerts from the Parliament of Victoria, including news alerts on all parliamentary committee inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for Parliament of Victoria news alerts.
The parliamentary inquiry into the CFA training college at Fiskville is currently receiving submissions, which are due by 27 March 2015.
"The Committee would like to hear from anyone who has been involved, affected or has knowledge of the operation and management of the CFA training college at Fiskville. We would like to invite you to make your submission publicly, or in private," said Bronwyn Halfpenny, MLA, Chair of the Victorian Parliament’s Environment and Natural Resources Committee.
The inquiry will investigate the issues surrounding the Fiskville training college, including responding to the terms of reference:
- a comprehensive historical study of pollution, contamination and unsafe activities at Fiskville between 1970 and the present day;
- a study of the health impacts on employees, residents and visitors between 1970 and the present day;
- a study of the role of past and present executive management at Fiskville;
- an assessment of the feasibility of decontamination/rectification of the training site; and
- recommendations as necessary to mitigate ongoing harm and to provide justice to victims and their families.
All submissions are treated as public documents unless confidentiality is requested and granted.
Submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or sent to: Executive Officer, Environment and Natural Resources Committee, Parliament House, Spring Street, East Melbourne VIC 3002. E-submissions can be made via: www.parliament.vic.gov.au/enrc
- Published: Wednesday, 18 February 2015 09:02