Two Victorian by-elections on 31 October
Speaker of the Legislative Assembly, Telmo Languiller today issued the writs for by-elections in the Electoral Districts of Polwarth and South-West Coast.
To be held on Saturday 31 October 2015, the by-elections follow the resignations of Terry Mulder as the Member for Polwarth and Denis Napthine as the Member for South‑West Coast.
The writs to the Victorian Electoral Commission outline the key dates in relation to each by‑election:
- Closure of electoral roll on 24 September 2015
- Final nomination day on 2 October 2015
- Election day on 31 October 2015
- Return of writ by 20 November 2015.
Electoral Divisions of Polwarth (above) and South-West Coast (below). Maps: courtesy of Victorian Electoral Commission
- Published: Thursday, 17 September 2015 10:53