Public Interest Disclosures

Report improper conduct or detrimental action by Members of Parliament.

Download PDF

For more information on public interest disclosures, please download the PDF at the link below. 

PDF: Procedures for making a disclosure about a member

What is a public interest disclosure?

A public interest disclosure about a member of Parliament must relate to conduct of a member of Parliament acting in their official capacity (including as a minister).

The alleged conduct must be either:

  • improper conduct (including corruption); or
  • detrimental action taken against any person in reprisal for making a public interest disclosure.

You must have reasonable grounds to believe that there is improper conduct or detrimental action. You must show supporting facts and circumstances.

For a full explanation of what conduct can be reported, please download the PDF above.

Where else can I make a complaint or disclosure?

About a member of Parliament

Complaints or allegations of corruption can be made to the Independent Broad-based Anti-Corruption Commission (IBAC). Note that you may not receive the same protections as in Parliament's process. Please see the IBAC website for details.

Criminal conduct by a member of Parliament should be reported to Victoria Police

Visit the IBAC website Contact the police


About another public sector official 

To make a complaint about a public sector officer, other than a member of Parliament, see IBAC.

To make a complaint about a government decision or action, please refer to the Ombudsman

Visit the IBAC website Contact the Ombudsman