Metropolitan Melbourne school visits
Book a free school visit within the Metropolitan Melbourne area.
If your school is within a 50-kilometre radius of the Parliament, we can come out to your school to run our role-play in your classroom.
Our interactive role-play allows students to experience the law-making process firsthand while they take on the roles of Speaker, Clerk, Serjeant-at-Arms, Premier, Leader of the Opposition and other members of Parliament. The role-play is conducted over 75 minutes in your classroom.
We currently offer role-plays for students in grades 5/6 and VCE Legal Studies, and for more information on the types of role-plays we offer, please visit our role-play page.
Our role-play sessions have been designed to align with the Victorian curriculum.
We ask that you setup your classroom before we arrive, please click the button below for our seating map.
For grades 5/6 you can also prepare your own topic with your class by click the button below.
Metropolitan school visit information
- Our programs are free of charge.
- Sessions start at 9:30 am Monday to Friday when the Parliament is not sitting. Scroll down to view Availability.
- Sessions run for 75 minutes.
- Suitable for grade 5/6 and 11/12 VCE Legal Studies students.
- Maximum number of students per session is 30. If you have over 30 students, we can run two simultaneous sessions with up to 60 students in total.
- You can book multiple visits.
- Bookings open six months in advance during the last week of each month.
Bookings & Enquiries
Bookings are only open six months in advance at a time.
Click the button below and select Metropolitan School Visit (school incursion).
Make a booking
Once you have found your preferred dates and times, email your booking request to email@example.com with the following information:
- Metropolitan School Visit
- Selected date/s
- Sessions, one or two
- Number of students, up to 30 or 60 split into two groups
- Class year level
- Role-play topic/bill (VCE Legal Studies students)
- School name, and address (50-kilometre radius of the Parliament)
- What type of parking is available at your school
- Contact number for the booking
- Phone: (03) 9651 8569
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our committment to child safety
For more information on our child safe policy, please click the button below.