Reports of the Select Committee on the Melbourne and Suburban Railway Bill and the St. Kilda and Brighton Railway Bill : together with the proceedings of the Committee and minutes of evidence
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed 10th November 1857"
Committee: John Brooke (chairman), Colin Campbell, Daniel Stodhart Campbell, Sir Andrew Clarke, Charles Ebden, John Foster-Vesey-Fitzgerald, John Goodman, James Grant, William Haines, Daniel Hughes, David Moore Frederick Sargood
D. S. Campbell and C. H. Edben were discharged from the Committee on 2 Oct. 1857
C. H. Ebden, D. S. Campbell and Capt. Anderson were added to the Committee on 4 Nov. 1857
Mr Dawson and Mr Carter appeared as counsel for the petitioners for the Melbourne and Surburban Railway Bill
M. W. Taylor appeared as agent
Mr Bunny appeared as counsel for the petitioners for the St. Kilda and Brighton Railway Bill
Messrs. Selwyn and Klingender appeared as agents
J. W. Muttlebury appeared as agent in support of the petition of the Melbourne and Hobson's Bay Railway Co.
Witnesses: Thomas Turner a'Beckett (director Melbourne and Hobson's Bay Railway Co.), Lieutenant Henry Amsinck (Royal Navy), Robert Cooper Bagot (civil engineer/surveyor/valuator), John Barter (surveyor Richmond Municipality), J. B. Bennett MLC (solicitor), Henry G. Cameron (town clerk Richmond), Benjamin Cowderoy (chairman St. Kilda Municipality/also appeared as counsel), John Craven (town clerk Prahran Muncipality), Thomas Evans (landowner St. Kilda), Thomas Finlayson (sec. Melbourne and Hobson's Bay Railway Co.), Edmund Gerald Fitzgibbon (town clerk Melb.), William Green (land valuer Melb.), Clement Hodgkinson (district surveyor Bourke, Evelyn and Mornington), Henry Johnson (Richmond Municipality), Thomas Henry Merrett (acting engineer Melbourne and Suburban Railway Co.), Lesley [i.e. Leslie] A. Moody (sec. MSRC), James Murphy (civil engineer Sth. Yarra), J. W. Muttlebury (solicitor MHBRC), Thomas Oldham (engineer/contractor), Albert Purchas (engineer), Robert M. Robertson (businessman Brighton), Frederick Darley Rose (contractor's agent/engineer), Frederick M. Selwyn (resident Brighton), Alexander Kennedy Smith (consulting engineer MSRC), Charles Swyer (civil engineer St. Kilda and Brighton Railway Co.), Samuel Toynbee (businessman Brighton), H. S. Walsh (director Melbourne and Suburban Railway Co./later Vic. MLC) and George Walstab
Evidence includes letter dated 24 Sept. 1857 from Matthew W. Taylor per Jno. Bourke to Messrs. Selwyn and Klingender p. 107 and letter dated 7 Nov. 1857 from Wm. Randle to C. R. Swyer p. 159
BOUND IN 1856/57 VOLUME 3 p. [655-837]
xxiv, 163p. ; 34cm.
- Report from the Select Committee of the Legislative Assembly upon the St. Kilda and Brighton Railway Company's Bill : together with the proceedings of the Committee Published: (1858)
- Progress report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on the questions of the St. Kilda to Brighton electric tramway and conversion of St. Kilda railway to electric traction : together with appendices and minutes of evidence Published: (1903)
- Report from the Select Committee of the Legislative Assembly upon the Suburban Tramways Company Bill : together with the proceedings of the Committee and minutes of evidence Published: (1890)
- Report from the Select Committee of the Legislative Assembly on the Ballaarat Gas Company's Incorporation Bill : together with the proceedings of the Committee and minutes of evidence Published: (1857)
- Report form the Select Committee of the Legislative Assembly on the Melbourne & Hobson's Bay Railway Bill 1857 : together with the proceedings of the Committee and minutes of evidence Published: (1857)