Telegraphic communication via Java
|Corporate Author:||Great Britain. Colonial Office|
|Other Authors:||Bramston, John, Sir, 1832-1921, Does de Willebois, Pieter August Marie van der, 1816-1892, Fenton, Henry Philip, d. 1897, Heeckeren van Wassenaer, Jacob Dirk Carel von, Baron, 1809-1875, Herbert, Robert George Wyndham, Sir, 1831-1905, Hesse, Frederick Edward, 1852-1922, Hicks Beach, Michael, Sir, 1837-1916, Lister, Thomas Villiers, Sir, 1832-1902, Malcolm, William Rolle, 1840-1923, Patey, Charles Henry Bennett, 1844-1889, Pauncefote, Julian, Baron, 1828-1902, Pender, John, Sir, 1816-1886, Great Britain. Foreign Office|
Melbourne : John Ferres, Government Printer, 1878
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1878, no. 70
GP V 1878 no. 70
"Presented to both Houses of Parliament by His Excellency's command"
Comprises: Despatch no. 24 of 6 May 1878 from M. E. Hicks Beach (sec. of state for the Colonies) to the Governor of N.S.W. - Letter of 17 July 1877 from Julian Pauncefote (Foreign Office) to the Colonial Office - Despatch dated The Hague 13 July 1877 from British chargé d'affaires H. P. Fenton to the Earl of Derby enclosing note in French of 12 July 1877 to him from M. van der Does de Willebois - Letter of 25 July 1877 from J. Bramston (Colonial Office) to the Post Office - Letter of 24 December 1877 from Julian Pauncefote to the Colonial Office attaching correspondence from H. P. Fenton to the Earl of Derby with enclosure of note to him [Fenton] in French of 14 December 1877 from Baron Heeckeren de Kell (Netherlands Minister for Foreign Affairs) with English translation of Heeckeren's Dutch memorandum re. the Indian Telegraph Administration - 2 letters of 9 and 10 Jan. 1878 from W. R. Malcolm (Colonial Office) to the Post Office - Letter of 18 April 1878 from C. H. Patey (General Post Office) to the Colonial Office enclosing correspondence to Patey from F. E. Hesse (sec. Eastern Extension Australaisia and China Telegraph Co.) - Letter of 3 April 1878 from John Pender (chairman Eastern Extension Australasia and China Telegraph Co.) to Sir Michael Hicks Beach as an enclosure to la letter of 10 April 1878 from R. G. W. Herbert (Colonial Office) to the Foreign Office - Reply of 16 April 1878 from T. V. Lister (Foreign Office) to the Colonial Office - Letter of 18 April 1878 from W. R. Malcolm (Colonial Office) to the Eastern Extension Australasia and China Telegraph Co. - Despatch no. 25 of 15 May 1878 from M. E. Hicks Beach (sec. of state for the Colonies) to the Governor of N.S.W., with reference to his original depatch no. 24 , transmitting a copy of letter of 11 May 1878 from T. V. Lister (Foreign Office) to the Colonial Office
6p.,  folded leaf : map ; 33cm.
- Telegraphic communication via Java Published: (1877)
- Correspondence relating to the Eastern Extension Company's proposals for additional telegraph communication between Great Britain and Australasia via the Cape of Good Hope, and the proposals for a submarine cable between Canada and Australasia across the Pacific Ocean Published: (1900)
- Report, minutes of proceedings, etc., of the Cable Conference held in Sydney in January - February 1877 Published: (1877)
- Telegraphic cable duplication : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 1st October 1878 for a copy of the memorandum entered into between the Governments of the Australasian colonies and the Eastern Extension Company for the duplication of the telegraphic cable Published: (1878)
- Telegraph cables : copy of correspondence respecting evidence given by Mr Audley Coote (on behalf of Messrs. Siemens Brothers) at the Conference in Sydney re telegraph cables Published: (1877)