Public Works Department - officers : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 10th September 1878 for a list of all the persons employed in the professional and clerical branch of the Public Works Department on the 1st day of January last : also a list of all the Inspectors of Works and their superintending officers employed at that date, distinguishing the classified and scheduled officers from the unclassified, the length of time they have been in the service and the works they are now employed upon : also all the persons who have been and are now employed in the different branches of the Department since that date and the works upon which they are now engaged and the age of each : also a list of all the discharged servants on the 9th of January and subsequently in each branch of the Department and the length of service of each, distinguishing those who have received compensation from those who have not : also the amounts of such compensation, their length of service and whether any have been re-instated and the age of each
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Public Works Dept.|
|Other Authors:||Le Cren, Charles, 1831-1889|
Melbourne : John Ferres, Government Printer, 1878
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1878, no. C 10
GP V 1878 no. C 10
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed, 24th October 1878"
"Chas. Le Cren, Secretary"
5p. ; 25cm.
- Public Departments : persons employed in and promoted since 1st July 1881 : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 6th July 1882 for a return showing the names of persons in each of the public departments who were not in the employment of the State on 1st July 1881, stating in each case the amount of salary and the kind of employment : also the names of persons who were in the public service on 1st July 1881, who have been promoted since, and the amount of increased remuneration now given : also those employés who have been provided with increased salaries in the current year's estimates other than the increments caused by operation of law Published: (1882)
- Officers of Railways and Public Works Departments : completion of return to an Order of the Legislative Assembly dated 30th July 1878,for a return of all officers of the Railway and Public Works Departments respectively whose services have been dispensed with from the 1st July 1877 to the 30th June 1878, with salary, compensation, and retiring allowance in each case, the names of all those reappointed, and the annual savings by the reductions Published: (1878)
- Public Departments : persons employed in and promoted since 8th March 1883 : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 2nd July 1884 for a return showing the names of persons in each of the public departments who were not in the employ of the State on the 8th March 1883, stating in each case the amount of salary and the kind of employment : also the names of persons who were in the public service on 8th March 1883, who have been promoted since, and the amount of increased remuneration now given : also employés who have been provided with increased salaries in the estimates for 1884-5 other than increments caused by the operation of law Published: (1884)
- Geodetic survey : reply to queries of Mr Carpenter for a return of (1.) The number of acres surveyed each year ending 31st December 1856 to 1859 inclusive, the total cost of the field and office branch of the Survey Department during each of those years including the trigonometrical and geodetic surveys (2.) The number of acres surveyed between the 1st January and 1st July of the present year, the total expenditure of the Survey Department during that period (3.) The number of miles of geodetic lines correctly marked and checked up to the 1st July last, the total number of miles of geodetic lines it will be necessary to mark in order to complete the geodetic survey, also the cost of the geodetic survey up to the 1st of July last (4.) Has the geodetic system been departed from, if so for what reason, whether contract surveys are not being let independent of and unconnected with the geodetic survey, and if it was not originally intended that the geodetic survey was to precede and form the basis of the contract system Published: (1860)
- Public servants not classified on 31st December 1884 : return to an order of the House dated 28th September 1887 for a return showing the names of those gentlemen who, in each of the public departments, were engaged in clerical duties on the 31st December 1884 when section 101, Act no. 773 came into force and operation, and who could not remain longer than three months in the service through their names being omitted from the classification list of the Public Service Board of 31st January 1885 ; such return to show the names tabulated under each respective department Published: (1887)