|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Treasury|
Melbourne : John Ferres, Government Printer, 1857
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1856-57, no. C 38
GP V 1856/57 no. C 38
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed 29th May 1857"
"Return to an Order of the Legislative Assembly dated 18th December 1856 for - A return showing the amount of revenue received in the Colony up to the 31st December in each year (including this present year) since separation, distinguishing the following heads : - 1. Customs (exclusive of the export duty on gold). 2. Export duty on gold. 3. All other revenue from gold mining. 4. Ports and harbors. 5. Licenses. 6. Postage. 7. Proceeds of debentures. 8. Land revenue (gross amount). 9. All other revenues. Showing also the balance in hand on the 1st July, 1851 ; the amount, if any, received from Sydney, and stating the total amount of receipts of all kinds, from the date of separation up to the 31st December, 1856. Also, for a return showing the public expenditure for the same periods as the above, distinguishing the following heads : - 1. The houses of legislature. 2. The executive departments, giving the cost of each department respectively. 3. The customs (including the Department of Trade and Customs). 4. Administration of justice. 5. Police. 6. Gaols. 7. Gold fields. 8. Stores and transport. 9. Post Office. 10. Military and naval. 11. Miscellaneous services. 12. Grants in aid. 13. Ports and harbors. 14. Education. 15. Miscellaneous departments. 16. Grants in aid. 17. Public works, distinguishing those of a temporary character. 18. Immigration. 19. Survey, sale, and management of public lands. 20. All other expenditure. Stating also the total amount of expenditure of all kinds from the date of separation up to the 31st December, 1856, and showing the balance on hand or in bank at the latter date. Also a return of the Government liabilities outstanding on 31st December, 1856"
6p. ; 33cm.
- Public debt of Victoria : return to an order of the House, dated 29th September, 1898, for a return showing: (a) The amounts borrowed by Victoria, with the dates, interest, and times for repayment. (b) The total amount now owing, distinguishing funded debts and trust funds. (c) The total amount of interest hitherto paid, distinguishing amounts paid in each year. (d) If possible, the value of the assets representing the amounts borrowed, and how the value is ascertained Published: (1898)
- Parliamentary accountability and debt management : thirty-third report to Parliament / Published: (1992)
- Controls over commercial authority debt levels : twenty-fourth report to the Parliament : ordered to be printed Published: (1988)
- Inquiry into state government taxation and debt : interim report of the Economic Development and Infrastructure Committee on the Inquiry into state government taxation and debt Published: (2010)
- Inquiry into state government taxation and debt : report of the Economic Development and Infrastructure Committee on the Inquiry into state government taxation and debt Published: (2010)