|Other Authors:||Bowie, Robert, 1787-1869, Farie, Claude James, 1816-1870|
Melbourne : John Ferres, Government Printer, 1857
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1856-57, no. C 32
GP V 1856/57 no. C 32
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed 24th February 1857"
"Return to an Order of the Legislative Assembly, dated 6th January 1857 for - A return of the number of patients admitted during the years 1853-4-5 and 6 respectively into the lunatic asylum at Yarra Bend ; the number of lunatics now confined in gaols and other public buildings in Melbourne and other places ; the nature and duration of each case of lunacy, so far as can be ascertained, distinguishing the sexes, the countries of which the patients are respectively natives, the districts of the Colony from which they were transmitted to the Asylum, any information possessed by the Superintendent as to the cause or causes of lunacy in each case ; a return of the number of deaths, and of the inquests held, and of the patients cured during each of those years ; the number and classification of the patients termed incurable, and the number of patients whose friends contribute to their support, and the rate of charges for such patients ; the quantity of enclosed land attached to the establishment ; the number of patients in close confinement ; the manner in which patients not under close confinement are employed ; a statement of the works completed or in progress, effected by the patients ; a statement of the annual cost of the whole establishment, together with a return of the architect's estimate for the completion of the proposed new lunatic asylum"
"Claude Farie, Sheriff"
"Robert Bowie, Surgeon-Superintendent" Yarra Bend Lunatic Asylum
8p. ; 33cm.
- Yarra Bend Lunatic Asylum : report of the Board appointed to inspect the Yarra Bend Lunatic Asylum, and to report upon the accommodation required Published: (1857)
- Yarra Bend Lunatic Asylum : return to address, Mr. Mollison - 22nd January, 1856 Published: (1856)
- Lunatics in gaols Published: (1857)
- Report of the Inspector of Lunatic Asylums on the Hospitals for the Insane for the year 1871 Published: (1873)
- Lunatic asylums : return of the Inspector of Lunatic Asylums of the number of patients visited and the number of miles travelled by him during the six months ending 30th June 1878 Published: (1878)