Newspapers : return showing the number of newspapers transmitted from Melbourne via Marseilles under the former overland arrangement and that at present in force
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Post Office Dept. (1851-1869)|
|Other Authors:||McCrae, Alexander, ca. 1799-1871|
Melbourne : John Ferres, Government Printer, 1857
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1856-57, no. A 77
GP V 1856/57 no. A 77
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed, 14th July, 1857"
 leaf ; 34cm.
- Letters etc. per Orient steamers: return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 8th September 1880 for a return showin 1 The number of letters, newspapers and packets despatched and received by the Orient steamers since the 1st January 1880, and the amount of postage paid to the Orient Company for the same. 2 The number of letters, newspapers, and packets despatched from Victoria, including those received from other colonies by the supplementary mail forwarded via Adelaide by the Orient steamers, and the amount of postage paid to the Orient Company for their conveyance. 3 The amount of postages received by the government from the public for the conveyance of the letters, newspapers, and packets despatched according to the foregoing returns. 4 The time occupied by the subsidised steamers of the P. and O. Company in performing a similar service. 6 The loss which the general revenue has sustained by the decrease in postages on letters, newspapers, and packets despatched from other colonies by the P. and O. steamers Published: (1880)
- Post Office Act 1890 : postage on foreign newspapers other than newspapers to New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia, Queensland, Tasmania, New Zealand, Fiji, British New Guinea, or New Hebrides : order in Council Published: (1894)
- Government advertisements : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 6th March 1878 for - (1.) The total amount expended by the Government upon newspaper advertisements during the twelve months ending 31st May 1877 : also, the total amount expended in the same manner during the nine months ending 28th February 1878. (2.) The names or titles of all newspapers in which Government advertisements have been inserted during these two periods respectively. (3.) The amount paid to each of these newspapers during the same periods. (4.) The present approximate circulation of each of these newspapers Published: (1878)
- Post Office Act 1890 : alteration in rate of postage on newspapers to New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia, Queensland, Tasmania, New Zealand, Fiji, British New Guinea, or New Hebrides Published: (1894)
- Government advertisements : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 16th July 1878 for a return showing the amount paid for government advertisements in the Argus, Australasian, Age, Leader, Daily Telegraph, Weekly Times, Herald, and Advocate newspapers respectively during the past financial year Published: (1878)