Police Commission : ad interim report of the Royal Commission of Enquiry into the Circumstances of the Kelly Outbreak, the Present State and Organization of the Police Force, etc.
|Corporate Author:||Royal Commission on the Police Force of Victoria (1881-1883)|
|Other Authors:||Anderson, William, 1828-1909, Dixon, Edward John, 1833-1905, Fincham, George Randall, 1829-1901, Hall, George Wilson, 1836-1916, Longmore, Francis, 1826-1898, Williams, James|
Melbourne : John Ferres, Government Printer, 1882
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1882-83, no. 66
GP V 1882/83 no. 66
"Presented to both Houses of Parliament by His Excellency's command"
"ad Interim Report respecting certain charges preferred against Superintendent F. A. Winch and Sub-Inspector Larner" p. [iii]
Commission: Francis Longmore (chairman), William Anderson, Edward J. Dixon, George R. Fincham and G. Wilson Hall
"Jas. Williams, Secretary" to the Commission
Other mentions: William Anderson ix, sgt. [William Nixon] Bell iv,v, [Sir Graham Berry] given as the Chief Secretary iv, Boundary Hotel iv, sr. const. [Patrick] Bourke viii,, Bourke Street [iii],vi, James J. Brown (hansom cab prop. East Melb.) iv, Brunswick vii, const. [James] Cash vii, Castlemaine v, [Hussey Malone Chomley] given as chief commissioner of police vii, viii, Cleal's Hotel vii, sr. const. [Matthew] Coniffe [i.e. Conniff] v, sgt. [James] Dalton vi,viii, const. [Michael] Delan[e]y vii, Devon and Cornwall Hotel viii, Edward Dixon ix, East Melbourne iv, H[enry] Edwards (licensee White Hart Hotel) iv,v, Geo. Randall Fincham ix, Fitzroy vi, Galway Arms Hotel viii, Glasgow Arms Hotel viii, Golden Fleece Hotel vi, Geo. Wilson Hall ix, [Francis Augustus] Hare (police magistrate) viii, [Caroline Hodgson] given as Madame Brussell[s] vi, Horse and Jockey Hotel v, Mr. Edward Hynes (Devon and Cornwall Hotel) viii, [International] Exhibition [1880-81] vi, sub inspector [James Nicholson] Larner [iii],iv,viii,ix, Francis Longmore ix, Lonsdale Street vi,viii, Andrew McCutcheon (licensee Horse and Jockey Hotel) iv,v,vii, const. [Francis?] McLiney vii, Melbourne iv,vi,vii,viii, [Melbourne Police district] given as Metropolitan district vii, [Melbourne Polioce district] No. 1 Division vi, Mr. [Thomas] Mulcahy (North British Hotel) vi, C[harles] H[ope] Nicolson iv, Marquis of Normanby (Governor of Victoria) [iii], North British Hotel vi, sgt. [Martin] O'Flaherty (Richmond) vii, [Franz] Opitz (Golden Fleece Hotel) vi, sgt. [Peter] O'Shaughnessy [i.e. O'Shaughnassy] (Brunswick) vii, sgt. Florence O'Sullivan iv,vi,vii, Princess Royal Hotel (Bourke street) [iii], [Regulations for the guidance of the constabulary of Victoria 1877] given as 165th Regulation/165th clause of the Police Regulations v,viii, Richmond vi,vii, [Richmond Police] Depôt iv, Mr. Rowe (licensee Princess Royal Hotel) [iii], [Royal Commission on the police Force of Victoria] [iii],iv,vi,vii,viii,ix, [Royal] Irish Constabulary v, Russell Street barracks vi, inspector [Frederick Hughes] Secretan viii, Mr. [William] Sheeky (Victoria Hotel, Lonsdale St.) viii, Martin Stobie iv,vii, Sunday trading [iii],v,vii,viii, James Tierney (Glasgow Arms Hotel) viii, Michael Tierney (Galway Arms Hotel) viii, [Victoria. Commission of Inquiry into the Case of Mr. Superintendent Winch] given as 1861 ... Board ... brought against Superintendent Winch iv, [Victoria. Court of Petty Sessions (Melb.)] given as City Bench viii, [Victoria.] Licensing Bench [Melbourne] viii, [Vic.]. Police department viii, [Vic.] Treasury viii, Victoria Hotel (Lonsdale Street) viii, Victoria Police Force iv,v,vii,viii,ix, const. [Patrick] Weldon vi, White Hart Hotel iv, viii, [James Williams] secretary to the Royal Commission vii,ix, supt. F[rederick] A. Winch [iii],iv,v,vi,vii.viii,ix
ix p. ; 33cm.
- Royal Commission on Police : general report on the present state and organization of the police force Published: (1883)
- Police Commission : charges against members of the police force : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 22nd November 1881 for copies of any communications the Chief Secretary may have received from members of the police with regard to the charges against them in the report of the Police Commission Published: (1881)
- Police on duty at places of amusement : return to an order of the House, dated 31st July 1890 for a return showing the number of members of the Police Force in Melbourne who are allowed to perform extra duties at theatres, concerts, football matches &c. for which they receive payment over and above ordinary wages, and the amount received by each member for the last three months Published: (1890)
- Royal Commission on Police : special report on the Detective Branch Published: (1883)
- Police force : replies to a question put by Mr. Snodgrass 17th January 1861 for a return showing 1. The existing distribution of the police force, officials and men. 2. The intended alterations in the distribution of the force should the proposed reductions be carried out. 3. The dates of service of every officer in the force distinguishing those officers who will be reduced if the proposed estimate is agreed to. 4. Also the districts in which the police magistrates and clerks of petty sessions referred to in the estimates are appointed for and the dates of service of each of these officers Published: (1861)