Act of Council - royal assent
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Lieutenant Governor (1854-1855 : Hotham)|
|Other Authors:||Canning, Charles Canning, Earl, 1812-1862, Grey, George, Sir, 1799-1882, Trevelyan, Charles Edward, Sir, 1807-1886|
Melbourne : John Ferres, Government Printer, 1854
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1854-55, no. B 58
GP V 1854/55 no. B 58
"Ordered by the Council to be printed 3rd April 1854"
"Chas. Hotham, Lieutenant Governor, Message No. 58"
Comprises - despatch 23rd Dec. 1854 from [Sir] G[eorge] Grey (sec. of state) to Sir C. Hotham (lieut.-gov. Vic.), with enclosures comprising a letter 11th Dec. 1854 from C. E. Trevelyan to Herman Merivale, and a letter 30th Nov. 1854 from [Earl] Canning (postmaster general) to the Lords Commissioners of H.M. Treasury. Correspondence is in reference to an Act of Council of the Colony of Victoria intitled, "An Act to amend the Law relating to the Post Office"
2p. ; 33cm.
- Correspondence respecting reduction of gratuities for conveyance of ship letters Published: (1855)
- Steam postal communication : copy despatch with its enclosures from the Right Hon. the Secretary of State for the Colonies respecting steam postal communication with the United Kingdom Published: (1856)
- Steam postal service : copy of letter from the Chief Secretary of Victoria to the Agent-General, London, conveying instructions to call for tenders for an ocean mail service to alternate fortnightly with the service via Suez Published: (1877)
- Customs Consolidation Act (Act 16 and 17 Vic., cap. 107) : copy of despatch from Secretary of State and correspondence with the Lords of the Committee of the Privy Council for Trade Published: (1856)
- Steam postal communication with the United Kingdom Published: (1856)