Report from the Select Committee on the Government Printing Establishment : together with the proceedings of the Committee, minutes of evidence, and appendix
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Legislative Council. Select Committee on the Government Printing Establishment|
|Other Authors:||Ebden, Charles Hotson, 1811-1867, Miller, Henry John, 1809-1888, Murphy, Francis, Sir, 1809-1891, Splatt, William Francis, 1810-1893, Wilkinson, Thomas, 1799-1881|
Melbourne : Printed by John Ferres at the Government Printing Office, 1852
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
GP V 1852/53 Vol. 2 p. 397-405
"Laid upon the Council table and ordered to be printed 12th August 1852"
Committee: Mr Splatt (chairman), Mr Ebden (auditor-general), Mr Miller, Mr Murphy and Mr Wilkinson
Witnesses: John Ferres (govt. printer) and Charles Ridgway (asst. clerk Legislative Council)
Appendix I: letter dated 20th July 1852 from J. Ferres (govt. printer) to the Select Committee on the Government Printing Establishment, concerning the requirements of the Govt. Printing Office
Appendix II: A return of the valuation of the printing performed at the Government Printing Office, during the period from the 1st January to the 30th June, 1852 / J. Ferres. / Melbourne, 22nd July, 1852.
Mentions: Argus office ,6, Attorney General , Auditor General 9, Mr Charlwood 6, Mr Childers 6, Clerk of Stores 9, Clerk of the Council 6, Colonial Architect 9, Colonial Secretary 9, Colonial Surgeon 9, Colonial Treasurer 9, Colony [of Victoria] 3, Commissioners of Crown Lands 9, Commissioners of Gold Districts 9, Coroner 9, Court of Request Bill , Customs 9, Denominational School Board 9, Mr Fawkner 7, Mr Ferres 3, Geelong 9, Geelong Gaol 9, Government Gazette 6,9, Government Printing Office 3,,6,7,8,9, Harbour Master 9, Herald office 6, Immigration 9, Isabella Watson (ship) 7, [C. J. La Trobe] His Excellency the Lieutenant Governor 3, Land Branch 9, [Legislative] Council 3,,6,7,9, Legislative Council Office 6, London 7,8, Mr Lucas 6, Lunatic Asylum 9, Melbourne 3,8,9, Melbourne Gaol 9, Post Office 9, Poundkeepers' 9, Mr Ridgway 7, Mr Sayers 6,7, Select Committee on the Government Printing Establishment 3,,6,8, Mr Shanley 6 and Sydney 7,8
BOUND IN 1852/53 VOLUME 2 p. [397-405]
9p. ; 33cm.
- Report from the Select Committee on the Post Office Department : together with the proceedings of the Committee Published: (1852)
- Progress report from the Select Committee of the Legislative Council appointed to take into consideration the expediency of establishing an University in the City of Melbourne Published: (1853)
- Civil Commissariat Department : reports of the Board Appointed to Enquire into the Working of the Civil Commissariat Department in the Colony of Victoria Published: (1855)
- Additional supplementary estimate for 1852 and supplementary estimate for 1853 Published: (1853)
- Gold despatches : [copies of despatches from His Excellency the Lieutenant Governor to the Secretary of State for the Colonies] return to address, Mr. O'Shanassy, 10th September 1852 Published: (1852)