Emigration : copies of despatches and documents relative to emigration to this Colony for the year 1852
|Corporate Author:||Great Britain. Colonial Land and Emigration Commission|
|Other Authors:||Grey, Henry George Grey, Earl, 1802-1894, Lean, James S., Merivale, Herman, 1806-1874, Murdoch, Thomas William Clinton, Sir, 1809-1891, Blachford, Frederick Rogers, Baron, 1811-1889, Walcott, Stephen, Sir, 1806-1887, Great Britain. Colonial Office, New South Wales. Governor (1855-1861 : Denison), Victoria. Lieutenant Governor (1851-1854 : La Trobe)|
Melbourne : John Ferres, Government Printing Office, 1851
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1851-52 p. 257-264
GP V 1851/52 p. 257-264
"Laid upon the Council table, by the Colonial Secretary, by command of His Excellency, the Lieutenant Governor, and ordered by the Council to be printed, 13th November, 1851"
Contents: Earl Grey's Letter of 3rd July 1851 to Lt. Governor La Trobe transmitting a copy of a 12th June 1851 letter to Herman Merivale &c. from the Land and Emigration Commissioners (Thomas Murdoch and Frederick Rogers [i.e. Baron Blachford]) [relative to the mode of keeping the accounts of New South Wales and Victoria Land Funds and suggesting that accounts for the two Colonies hitherto considered one undivided Fund should henceforth be kept separate] -- Earl Grey's Letter of 19th June 1851 to Lt. Governor La Trobe enclosing copy of a report from the Emigration Commissioners (T. W. C. Murdoch and Frederic Rogers) to Herman Merivale suggesting that in conformity with the wish, expressed in La Trobe's 28th August 1849 letter to the Govt. at Sydney, a ship should be sent direct to Portland in the course of the next month -- Lt. James S. Lean's 12th May 1851 letter from the Govt. Emigration Office London to S[tephen] Walcott [respecting anchorage in Portland Bay and insurance requirements for ships proceeding there] -- Earl Grey's letter of 18th March 1851 to Lt. Governor La Trobe transmitting 2 enclosed letters from the Emigration Commissioners (T. W. C. Murdoch and Frederic Rogers) to Herman Merivale and a 3rd enclosed 18th March 1851 letter from Earl Grey to N.S.W. Governor Sir Charles Fitzroy
8p ; 34cm.
- Female immigration : report of the Immigration Agent relative to immigrants introduced into the Colony of Victoria by the "Society for Promoting Female Emigration" under the auspices of the Honorable Sidney Herbert Published: (1853)
- Passengers Act : despatch from the Secretary of State for the Colonies Published: (1854)
- Immigration : despatch from the Secretary of State, acknowledging receipt of despatch from Major-General Macarthur, notifying the intended discontinuance of the services of Her Majesty's Colonial Land and Emigration Commissioners as agents for emigration to Victoria Published: (1857)
- Immigration regulations : regulations for the conduct of emigration to Victoria and for the nomination of immigrants Published: (1870)
- Passengers' Act : copy despatch conveying Her Majesty's assent to the Act of Council 18th Victoria, No. 5 Published: (1856)