Coalfields, Western Port : progress report of the Board
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Western Port Coalfields Board|
|Other Authors:||Couchman, Thomas, 1831-1915, Hodgkinson, Clement, 1818-1893, Smyth, R. Brough 1830-1889|
Melbourne : John Ferres, Government Printer, 1871
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1871, no. 96
GP V 1871 no. 96
"Presented to both Houses of Parliament by His Excellency's command"
The Board (also known as the Coal Commission) was appointed at some time between June 19th and October 16th 1871 to ascertain whether there was a sufficient supply of coal in the Westernport area to justify the Victorian colonial government building a light railway connection.
Board comprised: Clement Hodgkinson (Secretary Dept. of Crown Lands and Survey), R. Brough Smyth (Secretary Dept. of Mines) and Thomas Couchman (mining district surveyor)
5p. ; 33cm.
- Coalfields, Western Port : report of the Board Published: (1872)
- Geological Surveyor's report : (with plans and sections) Published: (1854)
- Port utilisation and development in Victoria with particular reference to the role of Western Port within the state's port system : progress report : ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed Published: (1981)
- Geological survey : report of the Geological Surveyor on the geological structure of the Colony of Victoria, the basin of the River Yarra and part of the northern, north eastern and eastern drainage of Western Port Bay : with plans and sections Published: (1856)
- Report of the State Development Committee on the desirability of developing further port facilities in Westernport Bay Published: (1967)