Estimate of cost of railways under Act No. 682 : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 31st July 1883 for a copy of Mr. Elsdon's estimate of the cost of the railways that were proposed under Act No. 682, showing country and suburban lines, the mileage of each, the class, rate of speed, estimated cost of construction, rails, land &c. ; also a return showing the length and contract price as which each line has been let, the cost of permanent way, and the amount paid for land ; also showing the amount originally available under Act No. 682, and the amount actually expended or under contract, and the date when such contracts were made
|Corporate Author:||Victorian Railways|
|Other Authors:||Lavater, George Theodore Adams, 1831-1915|
Melbourne : John Ferres, Government Printer, 1883
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1883, Second Session no. C 4
GP V 1883 Second Session no. C 4
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed 9th August 1883"
Return prepared by Geo. T. A. Lavater, Accountant
3p. ; 33cm.
- Report of the Sub-Committee of the Cabinet on the Acceptance by the Railways Commissioners of Foreign and Other Tenders Published: (1912)
- Railway contracts : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated the 27th May 1857 for - 1. Names of all contractors who have had contracts accepted. 2. The nature of the contract accepted, and date. 3. The amount of each contract and name of contractor with names of sureties and amount for which they are liable. 4. The several contracts completed. 5. The contracts still progressing. 6. The contracts and names of contractors in which a failure has taken place in completing, stating how much of the contract has been completed, and amount paid contractor during progress of work, and what remains to be completed and probable cost of completion. 7. The time, naming the months and year, within which each contract was to be completed specifying contract. 8. The reason why any contract has failed in being completed. 9. Specify each contract with the amount payable to the contractor wherein the failure has been on the side of the Government Published: (1857)
- Inquiry into the Victorian building and construction industry : fourth report to Parliament : code of tendering / Published: (1994)
- Government printing in private offices : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 20th February 1867 for - a return showing the various sums expended during the last two years for printing by the various Departments of the Government outside the Government Printing Office Published: (1867)
- Williamstown railway : abstract of return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 20th January 1860 for - 1. The whole cost of the Railway from Williamstown to Batman's Hill including the stations and all collateral charges of construction and alteration, distinguishing the bridges over the Stony Creek and the Saltwater River, all other bridges, culverts and the earthworks, the ballasting and the permanent way : also the rolling stock and under what contract or contracts the works have been executed 2. The cost to the 31st December last of the piers connected with the railway and the amount required for their completion 3. The working expenses in detail of the Government lines distinguishing as far as possible the Williamstown traffic and the Sunbury line 4. The receipts from traffic on the Government lines distinguishing as far as possible the Williamstown line and giving the toll of the Geelong railway Published: (1860)