Reports of the Board Appointed to Inquire Into Schemes Proposed for Underground Telephone Wires : together with minutes of evidence
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Board Appointed to Inquire Into Schemes Proposed for Underground Telephone Wires|
|Other Authors:||Ellery, Robert Lewis John, 1827-1908, Kernot, William Charles, 1845-1909, Murray, K. L. 1836?-1916, Joseph, Robert Ellis, 1845-1902|
Melbourne : John Ferres, Government Printer, 1886
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1886, no. 76
GP V 1886 no. 76(1.5 MB)
"Presented to both Houses of Parliament by His Excellency's command"
Board comprised: Robert L. J. Ellery (Chairman), William C. Kernot, K. L. Murray and Robert E. Joseph.
Includes Progress report and Final report.
Witnesses examined: Thomas R. James (manager Telegraph Branch), Joseph Vernon (battery-man Victorian Railways), Henry Walter Jenvey (electrician Melbourne Telegraph Office), William Cross (inspecting foreman of telegraph works), Herbert Quarry (electrical foreman Post Office), George Smibert (inspector Post and Telegraph Dept.), Edward Wilkinson (assistant City Surveyor Melbourne), Richard Park, H. H. Matlock (acting manager Victoria Telephone Exchange Co.), William Macourt (overseer of telegraph lines), Thomas T. Draper (superintendent. Vic. Telephone Exchange), William Davidson (superintending engineer Melbourne Water Supply) and Edward Seitz (mechanical engineer).
44p. ; 33cm.
- Minutes of evidence taken before the Board Appointed by His Excellency the Governor in Council to Inquire into Certain Charges Against the Engineering and Electrical Branch of the Post Office and Telegraph Department, and as to the management thereof, etc : Published: (1897)
- Registrar-General's Office : report of the Board Appointed to Inquire into and Report upon the Registrar-General's Office in Relation to the Management, Distribution and Cancellation of Stamps etc., etc. : together with minutes of evidence, appendices etc., etc. : presented to both Houses of Parliament by His Excellency's command Published: (1889)
- Report of the Board Appointed by His Excellency the Governor in Council to Inquire into the Sludge Question : together with the minutes of evidence, notes by the Board, etc. Published: (1887)
- Minutes of evidence taken by the Board Appointed by His Excellency the Governor in Council to Inquire into the Effect of the Fiscal System of Victoria upon Industry and Production ; upon the Employment of the People ; upon the Condition and Extension of Agricultural, Mining and other Producing Interests ; and upon Exports and Imports Published: (1894)
- Report of the proceedings of the Commission appointed to enquire into the best means of regulating and shortening the hours of employés in shops and wholesale and retail trading establishments, together with the first portion of the minutes of evidence, etc. / Published: (1883)