Progress report from the Select Committee on the Sebastopol Plateau and Durham Lead : together with the proceedings of committee, minutes of evidence and appdendix
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Parliament. Legislative Assembly. Select Committee on the Sebastopol Plateau and Durham Lead|
|Other Authors:||Davies, David Mortimer, 1837-1894, Forrest, Charles Lamond, 1838-1912, Gordon, William James Sutherland, 1832?-1916, Graham, George, 1838-1922, Jones, C. E. 1828-1903, Main, James M., Murphy, Edward, 1844-1900, Russell, James, 1829?-1889, Smith, William Collard, 1830-1894, Uren, William Henry, 1848?-1911, Vale, Richard Taylor, 1836-1916, Wright, Peter, 1834-1907, Young, Alexander, 1830-1905|
Melbourne : Robt. S. Brain, Government Printer, 1887
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1887, no. D 3
GP V 1887 no. D 3 (2.7 MB)
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed, 8th September, 1887"
Committee: Lieut.-Col. William C. Smith (Chairman), David M. Davies, Charles Forrest, William Gordon, George Graham, C. E. Jones, Edward Murphy, James Russell, William Uren, Richard Vale, Peter Wright and Alexander Young.
Witnesses: Robert Allan (mining surveyor), William R. Baker (mining manager), William Barton (mining manager Bank and Barton), James Chennal (miner), Thomas Coswello (miner), James Cotter (mining manager), Andrew Crawford (miner), Robert Cutter (miner), William Davidson (engineer Yan Yean Water Supply), George Davies (miner), James Davies (miner), Bennett Dunstan (miner), James Eddy (mining manager), John Featherstone (ex manager of Republic, Rose Hill, Ballarat Extension & Buninyong Estate mines), William Fraser (resident), James Gay (miner), Daniel Gazzard (miner), Henry Gore MLC, Francis Lamb Graham (resident Ballarat), James W. Graham (resident Buninyong), Thomas Grylls, (miner), George Arthur Hale (sec. Shire of Buninyong), Robert McFarlane Harvey (mining surveyor), Peter Hedrick (mining investor), William Hicks (mining manager Star of the East Gold Mining Co.), William Henry Hicks (mining manager Sir Henry Loch Co.), William Luplau (mining agent/investor), Thomas H. Lawn (sec. Miners' Assoc. of Ballarat), James Leckie (ex mayor connected with Prince of Wales mine), James McIver (mining co. director), Josiah Magor (mining investor), James M. Main, Andrew Martin (mining manager), Peter Matthews (mining engineer Sebastopol), Edward Merrin (mining engineer), Edward Morey (mining investor), Reginald A. F. Murray (geological surveyor Dept. of Mines), Peter Normand (mining manager), Thomas Pattenden (miner), Richard Pearce (resident Ballarat), Thomas Porter (pres. Miners' Assoc. of Ballarat), Elijah Richards (miner), Thomas Richards (Ballarat Mining Board), James Scannel (miner), R. M. Sergeant (mining manager), Frederick William Tatham (mining manager), T. H. Thompson (mayor Ballarat), John Wall (town clerk Sebastopol), John Watson (mining manager), John Henry Williams (mining co. director) and William G. Williams (mining manager Mr. Serjeant's company)
Appendix A: Sebastopol Plateau : notes by James M. Main.
viii, 68p. ; 33cm.
- Report from the Select Committee upon Tributing in Gold Mines : together with the proceedings of the Committee and minutes and synopsis of evidence Published: (1893)
- Report of the Board appointed to advise the government as to the best mode of developing the auriferous and mineral resources of the colony Published: (1880)
- Report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on the question of selecting localities for the permanent survey of narrow-gauge lines : together with the appendices and minutes of evidence Published: (1896)
- Minutes of evidence taken before the Royal Commission Appointed to Inquire into the Progress of Settlement Under the Land Act of 1869; Also to Suggest Such Amendments Therein as May Appear to be Necessary; And Further to Report Upon the Steps Necessary to Meet the Requirements of the Country on the Termination of the Pastoral Tenure at the Close of the Year 1880 Published: (1879)
- Report of the Board Appointed to Enquire into the Management of the Williamstown Workshops and into the Efficiency of the Locomotive Branch of the Railway Department : together with the minutes of proceedings and minutes of evidence Published: (1869)