Report from the Select Committee upon the Claims of Mr. Bechervaise, Telegraph and Post Master, of Ballarat West, to Promotion in the Public Service : together with the proceedings of the Committee, minutes of evidence and appendix
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Parliament. Legislative Assembly. Select Committee upon the Claims of Mr. Bechervaise, Telegraph and Post Master of Ballarat West, to Promotion in the Public Service|
|Other Authors:||Baker, Richard, 1830-1915, Clark, William McGregor, 1844-1900, Foster, Henry, 1846-1902, Kirton, Joseph William, 1861-1935, Richardson, Richard, 1825?-1913, Williams, Henry Roberts, 1848-1935, Smith, William Collard, 1830-1894|
Melbourne : Robt. S. Brain, Government Printer, 1891
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1891, no. D 5
GP V 1891 no. D 5 (3.8 MB)
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed, 30th September, 1891"
Committee comprised: Mr. Baker, Mr. Clark, Mr. Foster, Mr. Kirton, Mr. Richardson, Mr. Williams and Lieut.-Col. W. C. Smith.
Witnesses examined: William Philip Bechervaise (postmaster & telegraph manager Ballarat), William Galbraith (Secretary for Public Works), Thomas Green (postmaster Warrnambool), Lieut.-Col. Robert L. J. Ellery C.M.G. (Government Astronomer), Kynaston L. Murray (telegraph engineer Railway Dept.), Joseph William Payter (co-manager Melbourne Telegraph Office), Charles Miller (sub-chargee Melbourne Telegraph Branch), William Croft (manager Melbourne Telegraph Office), John Nicol (clerk Education Dept.), William Morkham (accountant Post and Telegraph Dept. & Controller of Stamps), Frederick Thomas Derham MLA, Lieut.-Col. John M. Templeton (ex Chairman Public Service Board), Lieut.-Col. Thomas Couchman (Chairman Public Service Board), William Henry Hollick (officer in charge of letter carriers Mail Branch) and James Smibert (Deputy Postmaster-General).
viii, 96p. ; 33cm.
- Report from the Joint Select Committee of the Legislative Council and the Legislative Assembly on the General Code Bill : together with the proceedings of the Committee, minutes of evidence, and appendices Published: (1888)
- Government appointments : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly, dated 20th October 1880, for a return showing the name, occupation, salary, date of appointment, length of service, and age of every person superannuated, dismissed, or whose services have been dispensed with by the Government since 22nd July 1880, including supernumeraries as well as classified persons Published: (1880)
- Report from the Select Committee upon the Case of Alfred Goddard : together with the proceedings of the Committee, minutes of evidence and an appendix Published: (1896)
- Civil service : report of the Royal Commission appointed to enquire into the state of the public service and the working of the Civil Service Act : and generally to report such alterations and improvements in the organization of the service by way of reconstruction, consolidation, or otherwise as may appear calculated to conduce to economy in the public service without impairing the efficiency of the service : together with minutes of evidence and appendices Published: (1873)
- Report from the Select Committee upon the Case of Captain Kenney : together with the proceedings of the Committee and minutes of evidence Published: (1898)