Report from the Select Committee upon the Case of Alfred Goddard : together with the proceedings of the Committee, minutes of evidence and an appendix
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Parliament. Legislative Assembly. Select Committee upon the Case of Alfred Goddard|
|Other Authors:||Brown, G. Wilson 1832-1918, Butters, James Stewart, 1832-1912, Burton, John Balfour, 1842-1918, Couchman, Thomas, 1831-1915, Goddard, Alfred William, Graham, George, 1838-1922, Irvine, W. H. Sir, 1858-1943, James, Thomas Reynolds, 1833-1918, Langtree, Charles William, 1846-1899, Lomax, Alfred b. 1838?, McGregor, Robert, 1853-1931, MacKenzie, Junius Joseph, 1844-1894, Murphy, Edward, 1844-1900, Patterson, James Brown, Sir, 1833-1895, Reddin, Francis, 1843-1926, Smibert, James, 1836-1912, Styles, James, 1841-1913, Williams, Edward David, 1842-1909|
Melbourne : Robt. S. Brain, Government Printer, 1896
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1896, no. D 1
GP V 1896 no. D 1 (1.1 MB)
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed, 15th September, 1896"
Committee: Mr Burton, Mr Graham, Mr Irvine, Mr McGregor, Mr Murphy, Mr Styles and Mr E. D. Williams.
Witnesses: George Fitzsimmons (sorter GPO), William Rowe (messenger GPO), Robert William Bamford (manager Singer Manufacturing Co.) and Louis Schmidt (sorter GPO)
Appendix: Copy of papers relating to sorter Goddard's case - consisting of correspondence from James Smibert (Deputy Postmaster-General), T.E.S., Sergeant Alfred Lomax, T. Couchman, J. J. Mackenzie (sec. Public Service Board), Alfred Goddard (sorter GPO), T. R. James (for deputy Postmaster-General), Public Service Board (T. Couchman, C. W. Langtree), J. B. Patterson (Postmaster-General), G. Wilson Brown (clerk Executive Council), Jas. S. Butters and Francis Reddin (for sec. Public Service Board)
Includes Minutes of evidence taken before the Public Service Board in the case of Alfred William Goddard (sorter GPO)
Witnesses examined before the Public Service Board: James Wilkinson (storeman Mason Firth & McCutcheon's), Henry Preston (sorter GPO), Sgt. Alfred Lomax, Thomas E. Slack (supt. mail branch GPO), James Dethridge (officer-in-charge mail branch GPO), Joseph Spence (sorter GPO), William J. Ambrey [i.e. Ambery] (weigher Customs Dept.), Henry George Gerber (sorter GPO), Louis Schmidt (sorter GPO), James Dean [i.e. Deane?] (stamper GPO), John O'Connor (letter sorter) and Alfred W. Goddard (sorter GPO)
33p. ; 33cm.
- Report of the Select Committee of the Legislative Council on the Crimes and Offences Prevention Bill : together with the proceedings of Committee, minutes of evidence and appendices Published: (1874)
- Royal Commission on Police : special report on the Detective Branch Published: (1883)
- Government appointments : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly, dated 20th October 1880, for a return showing the name, occupation, salary, date of appointment, length of service, and age of every person superannuated, dismissed, or whose services have been dispensed with by the Government since 22nd July 1880, including supernumeraries as well as classified persons Published: (1880)
- Victorian Railways : report of the Victorian Railways Commissioner for the year ending 30th June 1902 Published: (1902)
- Report from the Select Committee upon the Transfer of J. R. Jackson to the Lands Department : together with the proceedings of the Committee, minutes of evidence, and appendices Published: (1899)