Railways constructed under the butty-gang system
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Board of Land and Works|
|Other Authors:||Rennick, Francis T., 1838-1915|
Melbourne : Robt. S. Brain, Government Printer, 1896
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1896, no. C 3
GP V 1896 no. C 3
"Return to an order of the House, dated 11th August, 1896, for - a return showing - 1. The names of the railway lines constructed under the butty-gang system. 2. The length of each line and total length of all those constructed. 3. The engineer's estimate of cost of each line. 4. The actual cost of each line, showing the principal headings and total cost of all the lines. 5. The cost of supervision, including the salaries of construction engineers and inspectors. 6. The average wages paid. 7. The total number of men employed on each line. 8. The time occupied in the construction of each line"
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed, 1st October, 1896"
"F. Rennick, Engineer-in-Chief"
2p. ; 33cm.
- Railway construction : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 2nd September 1880 for a return showing the cases, if any, where the rate per mile for the construction of railway lines has been exceeded by the Department, and the authority under which such excess money was paid Published: (1880)
- Railways under Act No. 821 : return to an order of the House dated 17th August 1886 for a return showing: 1 The number of miles with the names of the lines of railway constructed and open for traffic under Act No. 821. 2 The names and number of miles of lines of railway under same Act in course of construction. 3 The names and number of miles of line of railway under same Act surveyed and ready for letting. 4 The names and number of miles of line of railway under same Act in course of survey. 5 The names and number of miles of lines of railway under same Act untouched and unsurveyed Published: (1886)
- Railway construction Published: (1901)
- Cost of railways and other public works, 1886 to 1895 Published: (1896)
- Statement dated the twelfth day of July one thousand eight hundred and ninety, by the Victorian Railways Commissioners, showing their estimate of the cost of the constructing the proposed new lines of railway, and of the traffic and other returns likely to be derived therefrom Published: (1890)