Report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on the proposed railway from Colac to Beech Forest : together with the appendices and minutes of evidence
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Parliament. Standing Committee on Railways|
|Other Authors:||Cameron, Ewen Hugh, 1831-1915, Abbott, Joseph Henry, 1830-1904, Craven, Albert William, 1855-1913, Harris, Albert, 1842?-1910, Melville, Donald, 1829?-1919, Morey, Edward, 1832-1907, Styles, James, 1841-1913, Trenwith, William Arthur, 1846-1925, White, John Samuel, 1837-1926, Mathieson, John, 1846-1906, Rennick, Francis T., 1838-1915, Blackburne, James, b. 1839|
Melbourne : Robt. S. Brain, Government Printer, 1898
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1898, Railways Standing Committee report no. 10
GP V 1898 Railways Standing Committee report no 10 (1.5 MB)
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed, 1st December, 1898"
Committee comprised: Ewen Hugh Cameron (Chairman), Joseph Henry Abbott, Albert William. Craven, Albert Harris, Donald Melville, Edward Morey, James Styles, William Arthur Trenwith and John Samuel White.
Witnesses examined: Robert Lochhead (asst. traffic manager Vic. Railways), Francis Rennick (engineer-in-chief Vic. Railways), John William King (saw-mill proprietor Gellibrand), Joseph Oliver Marks (licensed victualler/ grazier Gellibrand), James Boyes (farmer Gellibrand), John O'Brien (selector Charley's Creek Road), Sylvester P. O'Brien (selector Beech Forest), John Jonas (splitter Gellibrand), James Matthews Jr. & John William Gardiner(both selectors Beech Forest), Thomas Hall (dairyman/grazier Beech Forest), John Ince (grazier/dairyman/dealer Beech Forest), Gotfried Deppler [also spelled Gotfreid Deppler] (selector Beech Forest), Cornelius Crowe (grazier Beech Forest), Robert Glassgow (selector/grazier Beech Forest), Robert Bakewell (selector Beech Forest), Walter John Bowker (grazier Beech Forest), James Harrison & John Cockerill (both selectors Beech Forest), James Dowling (farmer/grazier Gellibrand), Humphrey Mead Hearn (auctioneer/general agent Colac), Joseph James Dickason (saw-miller near Colac), Patrick Hickey (road contractor Birregurra), Daniel Fenton Cole (shire engineer Colac), John Peel (contractor/builder Colac), John G. Johnstone (auctioneer/stock agent Colac), Alexander Short (land-owner Otway Forest), John Pounder Roberts (legal mining manager Ballarat), Alexander McVitty (timber merchant Ballarat), Thomas Rickard (mining manager Glenfine Estate Pitfield Plains), Edward Jephthah Alexander (mining manager Rokewood), Henry Gore (civil engineer/managing superintendent Victorian Gold Estates Co. Carisbrook), John Mathieson (Railways Commissioner) and John Leishman (mining investor Kingston)
Appendix A comprises: Memorandum From the Railways Commissioners Forwarding Report on Proposed Line From Colac to Beech Forest by Jno. Mathieson, Commissioner.
Appendix B comprises: Report by the Railways Commissioner on Proposed Railway From Colac to Beech Forest (2 Ft. 6 In. Gauge), Length 29.8 Miles, Ruling Grade 1 in 30, Sharpest Curve 2 Chains Radius by Jno. Mathieson, Commissioner.
Appendix C comprises: Approximate Estimate of Cost of Proposed Colac to Beech Forest Railway (From Gellibrand, Based on Trial Survey), 30 Miles 2 Chains in Length, Ruling Gradient 1 in 30, Colac to Gellibrand 1 in 37 1/2, Gellibrand to Beech Forest 1 in 30, Sharpest Curve 2 Chains Radius by F. R. [Francis Rennick], Engineer-in-Chief.
Appendix D comprises: Report by Inspector Blackburne [J. Blackburne Inspector of Forests] on the Timber Resources of the Otway Forest
BOUND IN 1898 VOLUME 2A p. 361-399
39p. ; 33cm.
- Report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on the question of selecting localities for the permanent survey of narrow-gauge lines : together with the appendices and minutes of evidence Published: (1896)
- Closed roads : final report of the Royal Commission Appointed to Inquire How Far the 399th Section of the Local Government Act Has Been Enforced by the Various Local Bodies, and to Report as to the Present State of the Closed Roads and the Requirements of the Public : together with minutes of evidence, appendices, etc. Published: (1879)
- East Melbourne election : report from The Committee of Elections and Qualifications upon the petition of Sir Henry Weedon against the return of Alfred Alexander Farthing for the electoral district of East Melbourne : together with the proceedings of the Committee and minutes of evidence Published: (1912)
- Minutes of evidence taken before the Royal Commission Appointed to Inquire into the Progress of Settlement Under the Land Act of 1869; Also to Suggest Such Amendments Therein as May Appear to be Necessary; And Further to Report Upon the Steps Necessary to Meet the Requirements of the Country on the Termination of the Pastoral Tenure at the Close of the Year 1880 Published: (1879)
- Report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on the question of the Beech Forest to Wangerrip railway : together with the minutes of evidence, appendix, and plan Published: (1908)