Final report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on the question of further extension of railways in the Mallee Districts (the Mildura and Yelta railway) : together with the appendices and minutes of evidence
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Parliament. Standing Committee on Railways|
|Other Authors:||Cameron, Ewen Hugh, 1831-1915, Abbott, Joseph Henry, 1830-1904, Craven, Albert William, 1855-1913, Harris, Albert, 1842?-1910, Melville, Donald, 1829?-1919, Morey, Edward, 1832-1907, Styles, James, 1841-1913, Trenwith, William Arthur, 1846-1925, White, John Samuel, 1837-1926, Rennick, Francis T., 1838-1915, Mathieson, John, 1846-1906|
Melbourne : Robt. S. Brain, Government Printer, 1898
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1898, Railways Standing Committee report no. 9
GP V 1898 Railways Standing Committee report no. 9 p. i-xxiv (6.7 MB)
GP V 1898 Railways Standing Committee report no. 9 p. 1-74 (3.7 MB)
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed, 3rd November, 1898"
Committee comprised: Ewen Hugh Cameron (Chairman), Joseph Henry Abbott, Albert William Craven, Albert Harris, Donald Melville, Edward Morey, James Styles, William Arthur Trenwith and John Samuel White.
Witnesses: Henry Earle Barnes (pres. Mildura Shire), William Bowring (mayor Wentworth), Walter Bradby (produce dealer Gunn and Co. Ballarat), William John Camp (farmer Berriwillock), John Paul Carolin (city councillor Bendigo), Jacob Cohn (Bendigo), Henry Cox (manager Dr. Abramowski's winery Mildura), John Crossar (farmer Charlton), Arthur Frederick Cudmore (pastoralist near Wentworth), Elisha Clement De Garis (auctioneer/financial agent Mildura), John Oliver Edwards (Wentworth), William Govan Finlayson (Ballarat Land Mortgage and Agency Co.), William F. Fitzpatrick (traffic manager Vic. Railways), James Thomas Gibson (Mildura commissioner Irrigation Trust), Joseph James Golding (Wentworth), William Sidney Grace (livery stable-keeper/drover), John Theodore Grossman (for the executors of J. Bracebridge Wilson's estate Mildura), Thomas Halbert (butcher Mildura), Thomas Harding (farmer &c. Windermere), Robert Staveley Hoops (fruit-grower Mildura), Thomas Kelly (engineer First Mildura Irrigation Trust), Daniel B. Lazarus (city councillor Bendigo), John Leary (Wentworth), Harold Felix Levien (settler Mildura), John G. McGowan (carrier Ballarat), Hugh Victor McKay (machinery manufacturer Ballarat), Nathaniel B. McKay (journalist Mildura), Charles G. McMahon (coach proprietor Wentworth), William Clifford Martyn (fruit-grower Mildura), John Mathieson (commissioner Vic. Railways), Michael Morris (commercial traveller Ballarat), Stuart Murray (chief engineer of Water Supply), Francis W. Niven (printer Ballarat), Joseph Ogburn (chemist Charlton), Frederick William Pickering (manager old Mildura estate), William Mitchell Plant (manager Mildura Fruit Co.), John Thomas Procter (agent/auctioneer Charlton), George Thomson Proudfoot (manager Swallow and Ariel Mildura), Francis Rennick (engineer-in-chief Vic. Railways), James John Robertson (manager Kulkyne station), Charles C. Shoppee (mayor Ballarat), Thomas Keays Smith (labourer Mildura), Thomas William Thomson (chairman Dried Fruits Trust &c.), William A. Tweedie (produce salesman Ballarat), Charles Vaughan (farm/mill produce agent Ballarat), Samuel Kingston Vickery (surveyor-general), Henry Williams (ex- shopkeeper Mildura) and Albert Robert Withers (homestead pastoral lessee),
Appendix A comprises: Proposed Alternative Railways to Mildura and Yelta by F. R. [Francis Rennick], Engineer-in-Chief.
Appendix B comprises: Statement Giving Particulars With Respect to Existing Mallee Lines and Proposed Extensions From Present Termini to Mildura handed in by the Railways Commissioner, Mr Mathieson, when giving evidence on 25th May, 1898.
BOUND IN 1898 VOLUME 2A p. 261-360
xxiv, 74p. ; 33cm.
- Report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on the question of further extension of railways in the Mallee Districts : together with the minutes of evidence and appendices Published: (1895)
- Progress report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on the question of further extension of railways in the Mallee Districts : together with the appendices and minutes of evidence Published: (1898)
- Report of the Royal Commission on Border Railways : together with copies of commissions, evidence , appendices and plan Published: (1916)
- Report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on the question of selecting localities for the permanent survey of narrow-gauge lines : together with the appendices and minutes of evidence Published: (1896)
- Report of the Board Appointed by His Excellency the Governor in Council to Inquire into the Sludge Question : together with the minutes of evidence, notes by the Board, etc. Published: (1887)