Report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on the question of railway communication with the Upper Yarra and Warburton Districts : together with appendices and minutes of evidence
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Parliament. Standing Committee on Railways|
|Other Authors:||Buchanan, James, 1827-1914, Cameron, Ewen Hugh, 1831-1915, Craven, Albert William, 1855-1913, Harris, Albert, 1842?-1910, Melville, Donald, 1829?-1919, Morey, Edward, 1832-1907, Styles, James, 1841-1913, Trenwith, William Arthur, 1846-1925, White, John Samuel, 1837-1926|
Melbourne : Robt. S. Brain, Government Printer, 1898
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1898, Railways Standing Committee report no. 2
GP V 1898 Railways Standing Committee report no. 2 (2.7 MB)
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed, 28th June, 1898"
Committee: E. H. Cameron (Chairman), J. Buchanan, A. W. Craven, A. Harris, D. Melville, E. Morey, J. Styles, W. A. Trenwith and J. S. White.
Witnesses: John Aiton (miner Kevington), Charles Henry Alexander (Shire Sec. Healesville), George Edward Barrow (farmer & grazier Tolmie), Thomas Barton (farmer Marysville), Edward Beattie (farmer Darlingford), John Charles Cadden (publican & butcher Gaffney's Creek), John J. Christie (butcher Healesville), John Cuthbert (storekeeper Jamieson), Lewis Dundas (forwarding agent Mansfield Railway Station), Humphrey Elliott (farmer Marysville), John Findlay (farmer Thornton), Edward M. Furmston (carrier Healesville), Christopher Stephen Gleeson (publican &c. Jamieson), John Green (farmer Healesville), Thomas Griffiths (storekeeper Wood's Point), Andrew Hermiston (farmer & grazier Riversdale), Thomas Holmes Justice (mine-owner and mining manager Jamieson), William C. Kelly (farmer Tolmie), John M. Keppel (grazier Marysville), Percy William Longfield (Shire Sec. Mansfield), Edward Hardman McCartney (station manager Mansfield), John McGretton (farmer Healesville), Malcolm Tyndale McIntyre (miner Darlingford), Richard Mackay (mining manager Wood's Point), Alexander McKinnon (Acting Shire Engineer Alexandra), William McLean (mine-owner Darlingford), Donald McLennan (Inspector of Tracks Mines Dept.), Thomas McMillan (farmer Mansfield), George McWilliams (mining manager Lauraville Co. & mining director Grand Eldorado Mining Co. Gaffney's Creek), Richard Millea & John M. Nolan (both mining managers Gaffney's Creek), John Dalton Morrissy (produce dealer Mansfield), Henry Parsons (farmer Howqua West), Francis Rennick (Engineer-in-Chief Vic. Railways), Charles Lorimer Sawyers (farmer Mansfield), James Charles Scott (contractor Wood's Point), William Scott (farmer Buxton), John Goode Stackpoole (mining manager New Morning Star, Wood's Point), Walter Edward Vining (saw-miller Whanregarwan), Charles Walker (storekeeper & grazier Healesville), James Ware (threshing-machine proprietor Yarck), Richard Wisdom Wightman (farmer, grazier & dairyman Thornton) and John Wylie (farmer, grazier & storekeeper Taggerty)
BOUND IN 1898 VOLUME 2A p. 49-111
63p. ; 32cm.
- Report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on the question of selecting localities for the permanent survey of narrow-gauge lines : together with the appendices and minutes of evidence Published: (1896)
- Report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on the question of further extension of railways in the Mallee Districts : together with the minutes of evidence and appendices Published: (1895)
- Report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on the question of the proposed Tocumwal railway : together with the minutes of evidence Published: (1904)
- Minutes of evidence taken by the Board Appointed by His Excellency the Governor in Council to Inquire into the Effect of the Fiscal System of Victoria upon Industry and Production ; upon the Employment of the People ; upon the Condition and Extension of Agricultural, Mining and other Producing Interests ; and upon Exports and Imports Published: (1894)
- Royal Commission on the Aborigines : report of the Commissioners appointed to inquire into the present condition of the Aborigines of this colony and to advise as to the best means of caring for and dealing with them in the future : together with minutes of evidence and appendices Published: (1877)