Report from the Select Committee upon the Leongatha Labour Colony : together with the proceedings of the Committee, minutes of evidence, and appendices
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Parliament. Select Committee upon the Leongatha Labour Colony|
|Other Authors:||Anderson, John, ca. 1840-1901, Graham, George, 1838-1922, Kennedy, Thomas, 1860?-1929, McColl, James H. 1844-1929, McIntyre, John, Sir, 1832-1904, Methven, David, 1840-1918, Salmon, C. Carty 1861-1917, Trenwith, William Arthur, 1846-1925, Tucker, John Benjamin, 1844?-1926|
Melbourne : Robt. S. Brain, Government Printer, 1900
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1899-1900, no. D 6
GP V 1899/1900 no. D 6 p. i-xv
GP V 1899/1900 no. D 6 p. 1-172 (8. 5 MB)
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed, 13th February, 1900"
Committee comprised: Mr Anderson, Mr Graham, Mr Kennedy, Mr Methven, Mr McColl, Sir John McIntyre, Mr Trenwith, J. B. Tucker and Mr Salmon.
List of witnesses: H. Applin (gardener Labour Colony), S. S. Cameron (veterinary inspector Public Health Dept.), G. Fox (labour colonist), J. R. Y. Goldstein (hon. supt. Labour Colony), Peter Johnson (farmer/grazier Koorooman), J. Knight (Dept. of Agriculture), H. McCartin (auctioneer/stock & estate agent Leongatha), R. McCullough (overseer Labour Colony), J. Macgibbon (correspondence branch Lands Dept.), T. F. Morkham (sec. for Lands), A. N. Pearson (chemist to Lands, Agriculture, Water Supply Depts.), W. Pengally (labour colonist), H. W. Potts (dairy instructor Dept. of Agriculture), J. Ruxton (labour colonist), A. Simmons (grazier Leongatha), F. J. Sincock (solicitor Normanby Chambers, 436 Lt. Collins St.), J. W. Skene (acting chief clerk Lands Dept.), J. Smith (farmer/dairyman, Koorooman), D. Spencer (farmer/grazier, Leongatha), W. Squire (late manager, Labour Colony, 54 Gatehouse St., North Parkville), C. Standidge (labour colonist), G. R. Swift (agriculturalist/late overseer Labour Colony, Broadmeadows), M. J. Tehan (acting manager Labour Colony), J. Thomas (village settlements branch Lands Dept.), G. J. Turner MLA, W. Wallace (labour colonist), and E. Wilkins MLA
xv, 172p. ; 33cm.
- Progress report from the Select Committee upon the Leongatha Labour Colony Published: (1900)
- Closed roads : final report of the Royal Commission Appointed to Inquire How Far the 399th Section of the Local Government Act Has Been Enforced by the Various Local Bodies, and to Report as to the Present State of the Closed Roads and the Requirements of the Public : together with minutes of evidence, appendices, etc. Published: (1879)
- Electoral returns : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 14th August 1877 for a return showing (1.) The population in each electorate of the colony at the late general election (2.) The number of male residents in each electorate over 21 years of age (3.) The number of electors on the ratepayers and general rolls respectively in every division of every electorate (4.) The number of electors in every division of every electorate who voted, distinguishing the ratepayers from the general voters (5.) The number of votes received by each candidate in each electoral division Published: (1877)
- Further [i.e. Third] progress report : with appendices thereto, extracts from minutes of Committee : together with minutes of evidence, etc. (August 31st, 1885) Published: (1885)
- Report of the Crown Lands Commission of Inquiry on Both the Agricultural and Pastoral Occupation of the Public Lands to be Instituted on the Expiration of the Present Land Act at the Close of 1880 (September 1879) : Appendix C. Schedule B. [Statistical return of territorial property in private hands in the colony of Victoria by name of owner, acreage held, county in which held and capital value] Published: (1879)