Report and minutes of evidence /
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Fisheries Inquiry Board|
|Other Authors:||Cameron, James, 1846-1922, Hutchinson, William, 1864-1924, Elmslie, George Alexander, 1861-1918, Bromley, Frederick Hadkinson, 1854-1908, Crowe, Robert, 1867-1955, Hart, Alfred, Eathorne, John R.|
Melbourne : J. Kemp, Government Printer, 1909
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1909, Second Session no. C 3
GP V 1909 Second Session no. C 3 (7.3 MB)
"Return to an order of the House, dated 5th October, 1909, for - a copy of the report and minutes of evidence of the Fisheries Inquiry Board"
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed, 5th October, 1909"
Board: James Cameron (chairman), George Alexander Elmslie, Frederick Hadkinson Bromley and William Hutchinson
Witnesses examined: Frank E. Allan, William Allan, Ray Anderson (captain employed by J. B. Ellerker and Co.), John Archibald, James William Barrett, Thomas Edward Beams, William Blackney (fisherman), John R. Borritt, William Bott, Benjamin Bugden, G. H. Cain, Walter Callan (Private Sec. to Governor-General), Thomas Callinan, Alexander Cameron, George Carstairs, David Casement, Alfred Clark, John Clayton (town clerk Melbourne), Charles M. Clift (asst. inspector of fisheries), Charles Frederick Cole (inspector Vegetation Diseases Act), Robert Crowe (expert witness marketing/cool storage), Harold C. Dannevig (Commonwealth director of fisheries), William Davis (fisherman), John A. Dorron, J. R. Eathorne, John A. G. Falkingbridge (chairman Hawkers' and Dealers' Union of Victoria), William Fell, Arthur French, Harry French, J. E. Gabriel (sec. Sale Progress Association), Christian Gronheit, Henry Benjamin Hanton (fishmonger), Alfred Hart (poultry expert Agricultural Dept.), William H. Hodgson, Thomas S. Huggins, W. F. Jackson (Acting Sec. for the fisherman), Henry Jamieson, Gustav Kreymborg, Louis Lauritz, Thomas F. Legge (Pres. Sale Anglers' Club and Fish Protection Society), Dudley [i.e. William Henry Dudley] Le Souef, Frederick Liddell (employee Co-operative Fish Assoc.), Charles William Maclean, John Malcolm (fish-hawker and dealer), John Markoveh, William Percy Mason (Sec. Co-operative Fishermen's Assoc. of Vic.), Arthur H. E. Mattingley, Patrick McCloy, Samuel McKee, Thomas Mentiplay, James S. Milford, Henry Nathan (fishmonger), William James Newlands, Frederick O'Dee (sec. Piscatorial Assoc.), William Page, Alfred Palmer, William Pearson, Richard Poole, Karl Rasmus, Charles Riddenbach, John Henry Rowson (inspector Fisheries and Game Acts), John Francis Ryan, Frederick Alfred Smith, Thomas H. Smith, George Stevens (Tambo), Edgar Stocks (angler), Samuel Terrill (angler), S. F. Treloar, Isaac Warren, William Edward Wayth (sec. Queenscliff Union), Frank Wells, Ashton Woolley (fisherman) and H. Young
Appendix A: correspondence from R. Crowe (supt. of exports) and A. Hart (poultry etc. expert) concerning the classification of fish and related matters
Appendix B: Fish and fisherman by John R. Eathorne.
130p. ; 33cm.
- Tariff : report of the Royal Commission : together with appendices and minutes of evidence : presented to both Houses of Parliament by His Excellency's command Published: (1883)
- Report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on the question of further extension of railways in the Mallee Districts : together with the minutes of evidence and appendices Published: (1895)
- Final report from the Select Committee upon the Fishing Industry of Victoria : together with the proceedings of the Committee, minutes of evidence and appendices : ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed 23rd November 1892 Published: (1892)
- Royal Commission on Water Supply : minutes of evidence : presented to both Houses of Parliament by His Excellency's command Published: (1896)
- Report of the Crown Lands Commission of Inquiry on Both the Agricultural and Pastoral Occupation of the Public Lands to be Instituted on the Expiration of the Present Land Act at the Close of 1880 (September 1879) : Appendix C. Schedule B. [Statistical return of territorial property in private hands in the colony of Victoria by name of owner, acreage held, county in which held and capital value] Published: (1879)