Report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on the question of railway communication with Moorngag (Dodd's Crossing) : together with minutes of evidence and plan

Corporate Author: Victoria. Parliament. Standing Committee on Railways
Other Authors: Cameron, Ewen Hugh, 1831-1915, Billson, John William, 1862-1924, Cullen, John, 1856-1916, Embling, William Henry, 1840-1912, Melville, Donald, 1829?-1919, Warde, Edward Coughlan, c. 1862-1925
Published: Melbourne : J. Kemp, Government Printer, 1910
Parliamentary Paper Number: Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ; 1910, Railways Standing Committee report no. 3
Online Access:
Subjects:
Tags: Add Tag
Cover Image
Saved in:
Item Description: "Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed 26th July 1910"
Committee: E. H. Cameron (Chairman), J. W. Billson, J. Cullen, Dr. W. H. Embling, D. Melville and E. C. Warde
The purpose of this proposed railway was to serve the settled country in the valley of the Broken River to the south of Benalla, and also the belts of rich balsaltic land on the timbered hills beyond, as well as the State forests in the direction of Mansfield and Tolmie"
Includes references to evidence given by the Benalla Railway League and Maurice Kernot (chief engineer for Railway Construction)
Includes references to evidence given in 1907 by H. R. Mackay (conservator of forests)
Other people eferred to: B. Howes (sawmill owner in the state forest in the parishes of Too Rour and Tallangalook [p.4])) [p. 4], Messrs. Hill and McPherson (sawmill owners in Toombullup State Forest [p. 4]) and J. S. Mitchell (traffic officer [p. 5])
MINUTES OF EVIDENCE AND PLAN NOT PRINTED
BOUND IN 1910 VOLUME 1 p. 1039-1046
Physical Description: 8p. ; 33cm.