Reports and suggestions relative to the defences of Victoria : consisting of 1. Memorandum by Colonel P. H. Scratchley, C.M.G., Royal Engineers. 2. Suggestions by Major Ellery and Colonel Scratchley relative to reorganizaton of Torpedo Corps 3. Report on permanent artillery by acting commandant of local forces. 4. Report on volunteer organization by acting commandant of local forces
|Main Author:||Scratchley, Peter Henry, Sir, 1835-1885|
|Corporate Author:||Victorian Rifle Association|
|Other Authors:||Ellery, Robert Lewis John, 1827-1908, Hutton, Thomas Bruce, 1834-1914, Victoria. Artillery Corps|
Melbourne : John Ferres, Government Printer, 1882
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1882-83 no. 34
GP V 1882/83 no. 34
"Presented to both Houses of Parliament by His Excellency's command"
"T. Bruce Hutton, Colonel, Acting Commandant"
Other mentions: Admiralty (G.B.) p. 5, American War of Secession p. 6, Cerberus (ship) p. 4,,11,13,,18,19, Deferred pay Fund p. 23, Discipline Act 1870 p. 20,23,24, England p. 10,12,13,,18,19,21, Franco-German war 1870-71 p. 6, Major-General T. L. Gallwey (inspector-general of fortifications Royal Engineers/later Governor of Bermuda) p. 5, Immigrants' Home (Victoria Barracks) p. 23, Sir William Jervois p. ,4,5,6,,,10,11,12,13,,18,19,20,21, Nelson (ship) p. ,11,,18,19, New South Wales p 20, Paraguay-Brazil War 1864-1868 p. 6, Police depot (Victoria Barracks) p. 23, Port Fairy [given as Belfast] p. [8,9,16], [Port Phillip] Heads p. 12,19,22, Portland (Vic.) p. [8,9,16], Commissioner of Public Works [i.e. Public Works Dept.] p. 18, Queenscliff (Vic.) p. ,10,13,18,19,20,21, Russo-Turkish war 1877-78 p. 6, Schleswig-Holstein War 1864 [given as 1865 war between Denmark ... Prussia and Austria] p. 6, Swift (gun-vessel) p. [8,16] United States p. 5, [U.S.] Federal Navy p. 6, Victoria Barracks p. 23,24, [Victorian] Artillery Corps p. [8,9,16,17],21,22,23, Victorian Rifle Association p. 28, Victorian Volunteer Light Horse p. 25, Victorian Volunteer Corps p. 24,25,Victorian Volunteer Militia p. ,24,25,26,27,28, War Office (G.B.) p. 5, Warrnambool p. [8,9,16], Williamstown p. ,21,24
28p. ; 33cm.
- Victorian Military Forces : regulations for the Victorian Artillery Published: (1884)
- Royal Commission on Police : general report on the present state and organization of the police force Published: (1883)
- Victorian Military Forces - regulations Published: (1885)
- Report from the Select Committee of the Legislative Assembly Appointed to Prepare an Address to the Queen Upon the Restoration of Peace Published: (1856)
- Patriotic Fund : copy despatch from the Secretary of State acknowledging receipt of a second contribution of Victoria in aid of Patriotic Fund Published: (1856)