Sixteenth general report /
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Parliament. Standing Committee on Railways|
|Other Authors:||Bailes, Alfred Shrapnell, 1849-1928, Embling, William Henry, 1840-1912, Graham, George, 1838-1922, Hayhoe, John, Kernot, Maurice Edwin, 1852-1934, McBride, Peter, Sir, 1867-1923, Melville, Donald, 1829?-1919, Warde, Edward Coughlan, c. 1862-1925, Huon Timber Company (Geeveston, Tas.), Victoria. Governor (1904-1908 : Talbot)|
Melbourne : J. Kemp, Acting Government Printer, 1907
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1907, no. 22
GP V 1907 no. 22
"Presented to Parliament pursuant to the provisions of the Railways Standing Committee Act 1890 (54 Vict., No. 1177), Section 18"
Report "To His Excellency the Honorable Sir Reginal Arthur James Talbot ... Governor of the State of Victoria"
Committee: George Graham (chairman), Alfred Shrapnell Bailes, William Henry Embling, Peter McBride, Donald Melville and Edward Coughlan Warde
Includes report on The Shay Geared Locomotive by Maurice E. Kernot (Acting Engineer-in-Chief, Railways Construction Branch, Board of Land and Works) and a letter to Kernot as Acting Engineer-in-Chief concerning "the suitability of the Shay locomotive for steep grades and curves" from John Hayhoe, General Manager Huon Timber Co.
9p. ; 34cm.
- Report from the Select Committee on Railway Carriage Lighting : together with appendices, proceedings of the Committee, and minutes of evidence Published: (1901)
- Progress report from the Select Committee on Railway Carriage Lighting : together with appendices and minutes of evidence Published: (1901)
- Money paid by Railway Department for fire claims : return to an order of the House dated 11th July 1888 for a return showing (1) The amount of money paid by the Railway Department for the claims since the Spark Arrester Board sent in their report dated 29th October 1883 (2) The amount of damage done to railway rolling-stock by fires caused by locomotives (3) The cost of fitting locomotive engines with spark-catchers, and if they were of the best design as required by law (4) The number of miles run by engine No. 148 since she has been fitted with a spark-arrester, her consumption of fuel per mile, also the number of miles she ran in twelve months previous to being fitted, and the quantity of fuel she then consumed per mile Published: (1888)
- Report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on proposed expenditure under Railway Loan Application Act, no. 3557 (new locomotive erecting shop at Newport Workshops) : together with minutes of evidence and plan Published: (1928)
- Report of the Victorian Railways Commissioners on the rolling-stock, way and works and stores, Melbourne 31st March 1904 / Published: (1904)