Report of the Royal Commission on the Murray Waters : together with the minutes of evidence, appendices, and plans
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Royal Commission on the Murray Waters|
|Other Authors:||Abbott, Richard Hartley Smith, 1858-1940, Carlisle, John Joseph, 1863-1929, Gray, John, 1853?-1925, Holden, George Frederick, 1869-1934, Lemmon, John, 1875-1955, Mackinnon, Donald, 1859-1932, Manifold, Walter Synnot, Sir, 1849-1928, Rees, Richard Bloomfield, 1859-1935, Smith, David, 1861-1943, Wilkinson, H. L.|
Melbourne : J. Kemp, Government Printer, 1910
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1910, no. 7
p. i-lxxv (7.4 MB)
p. 1-38 (4.9 MB)
p. 39-76 (4.3 MB)
p. 77-114 (4.9 MB)
p. 115-131 (8.5 MB)
"Presented to both Houses of Parliament by His Excellency's command"
Commission comprised: Donald Mackinnon (Chairman), Richard Hartley Smith Abbott, John Joseph Carlisle, John Gray, George Frederick Holden, John Lemmon, Walter Manifold, Richard Bloomfield Rees and David Smith.
Witnesses: W. Bartlett (sub-collector of customs Wentworth), W. Bowring (merchant Wentworth/Mildura), Henry E. Chambers (manager McCulloch Carrying Co.), Ettore Checchi (engineer Victoria State Rivers Commission), John Montgomery Coane (civil engineer), Elisha C. de Garis (agent E. de Garis & Co. Mildura/Melbourne), John S. Dethridge (deputy chief engineer of Water Supply), George Garson (commissioner SRWSC), Emanuel Jas. [i.e. Haines] Gorman (farmer/grazier Berrigan district), Charles James Grant (engineer Mildura Water Trust/resident engineer SRWSC), Herbert Edward Hooke (manager Permewan Wright & Co.), Henry Ambrose Hunt (Commonwealth meteorologist), Edwin Bona Jones (passenger/freight agent for Victorian Railways), Alfred Stephen Kenyon (engineer Dept. of Agriculture), George Laing (engineer SRWSC), Alexander McDonald (pres. Mildura Shire/chairman Co-operative Fruit Co. and Australian Dried Fruit Association), John McGregor (civil engineer), Hugh Giffen McKinney (civil engineer), Elwood Mead (chairman State Rivers and Water Supply Commission), D. A. Morgan (stock inspector Wentworth), Thomas Murray (engineer Water Supply Dept.), Thomas C. Rawlings (pres. Mildura Irrigation Trust), Edward Senmens [i.e. Edmund Semmens?] (sec. Shire of Mildura), John Gardiner Starr (civil engineer), Thomas Tait (chairman Victorian Railways Commissioners), George Hall Tolley (surveyor-in-charge Wyuna Irrigation Farm), Leslie Augustus Burton Wade (chief engineer irrigation and drainage NSW Public Works Dept.), Peter Westergaard (master mariner/manager Permewan Wright & Co. Echuca) and Andrew William Henry White (auctioneer/borough councillor),
Includes dissenting observations by John Lemmon and David Smith
Appendix B: Report on the improvement of the Murray River and tributaries for navigation by H. L. Wilkinson
Appendix C: Report on the Lake Victoria storage by H. L. Wilkinson
lxxv, 131p.,  folded leaves of plates : 2 maps ; 33cm.
- Report of the proceedings of the Inter-State Conference on the Murray River Waters held at Melbourne, January 1911 Published: (1911)
- Correspondence respecting collection of duties on the River Murray Published: (1854)
- Investigation into the Foodbowl Modernisation Project and related matters / Published: (2011)
- Report of the Royal Commission Appointed by His Excellency to Examine Into and Report Upon the Best Means of Clearing the River Murray, etc. : together with the proceedings of Commission, minutes of evidence and appendices Published: (1867)
- Chinese and gold fields revenue Belvoir and customs Murray : statement of the amount of Chinese and gold fields revenue collected at Belvoir from the date of Mr Hanify's appointment as Chinese Protector to the present time and statement relating to the collection of customs on the River Murray Published: (1860)