Hospitals for the insane : report of the Inspector-General of the Insane for the year ended 31st December 1906

Corporate Author: Victoria. Lunacy Dept.
Other Authors: Barker, Walter Herbert, 1854-1924, Godfrey, Clarence George Sheffield, 1867-1948, Jones, William Ernest, 1867-1957, Lethbridge, Robert Wellesley, b. 1857, MacKeddie, John Fullarton, 1868-1944, Mullen, William Lowell, 1861-1912, Philpott, Albert John William, 1873-1950, Steell, John, b. 1859, Victoria. Chief Secretary's Dept.
Published: Melbourne : J. Kemp, Acting Government Printer, 1907
Parliamentary Paper Number: Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ; 1907, no. 45
Online Access:
Subjects:
Tags: Add Tag
Cover Image
Saved in:
Item Description: "Presented to both Houses of Parliament pursuant to Act 3 Edw. VII. No. 1873, Section 15"
Report "To the Honorable the Chief Secretary"
"W. Ernest Jones, Inspector-General of the Insane"
Includes references to Medical Superintendents' reports to W. Ernest Jones from Dr Mullen (Hospital for the Insane Yarra Bend), Dr Barker (Hospital for the Insane Kew & Asylum for Idiots Kew), Dr Godfrey (Hospital for the Insane Ararat), Dr Philpott (Hospital for the Insane Beechworth), [Dr Lethbridge ] (Hospital for the Insane Sunbury) and [Dr Steell] (Hospital for the Insane Ballarat)
Private Licensed Houses for the reception of patients suffering from mental illness: Sunnyside (Camberwell) licensed to Dr R. Mailer on 22nd Sept. 1905, Mt. Ida (Upper Hawthorn) licensed to Mrs Strong on 20th January 1906, Merton (Elsternwick) licensed to Mrs [Alice Ida] Mirams on 8th March 1906, Landcox (Brighton) licensed to Miss Harcourt on 26th June 1906 and Cloverdale (Toorak) licensed to Mrs Murchison on 16th May 1906
Other people/bodies mentioned: Agricultural Dept. p. 22-23, Bendigo Gold District Hospital Reception Ward p. 3,29, Government Inebriate Retreat p. 28, Lara farm [on the site of the Lara Inebriate Retreat] p. 23, London County Council laboratories p. 22, the new Lunacy Act p. 26, Lunacy Ward at Geelong p. 3, Dr Mackeddie (newly appointed pathologist to the Metropolitan Hospitals for the Insane with a laboratory organized in a cottage in the Kew Asylum grounds) p. 22, Melbourne Receiving House (commenced May 1905 but unfinished Dec. 1906), p. 27,28, the Mental Hospital (to be established) p. 27,28,29, Neglected Children's Depot p. 23, NSW [Pathological] Laboratory p. 22, Official Visitors p. 24, Public Service Act p. 26-27, Scotch Asylums laboratories p. 22, Dr Stansfield p. 25 and University of Melbourne p. 28
Physical Description: 29p. ; 33cm.