McGregor's case : report of the Board Appointed to Enquire into the Defalcations of McGregor Late Clerk in the Office of the Paymaster of Police : together with minutes of evidence etc.
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Board Appointed to Enquire into the Defalcations of McGregor, Late Clerk in the Office of the Paymaster of Police|
|Other Authors:||Agg, Alfred John, 1830-1886, Grimes, Edward, 1811?-1859, Hull, William Henry, Kay, Joseph Henry, 1815-1875, MacMahon, Charles, Sir, 1824-1891, Mair, William, 1806-1904, Sladen, Charles, Sir, 1816-1884, Smith, Francis Grey, 1827-1900, Stawell, William Foster, Sir, 1815-1889|
Melbourne : John Ferres, Government Printer, 1858
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1857-58, no. A 21
GP V 1857/58 no. A 21 (2.5 MB)
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed, 6th January, 1858"
Board comprised: Edward Grimes (chairman), Joseph H. Kay and Alfred J. Agg.
Witnesses examined: Robert C. Carr (treasurer Central Road Board), Mr [Richard S.] Cooke (inspector of police Richmond Depot), William Lavender (police magistrate Kyneton), Captain Mac Mahon (chief commissioner of Police), Captain Mair (paymaster Police), Ravenscroft Stephen (corresponding clerk Treasury) and Theyre Weigall (second clerk Dept. of the Attorney General)
Appendices No. 1-24 comprise correspondence, minutes and other matters of relevance to the enquiry from W. H. Hull (for the Treasurer), Captain W. Mair, C. MacMahon, Charles Sladen, F. G. Smith (asst. manager Bank of Australasia Melbourne) and William F. Stawell
x, 22p. ; 35cm.
- Progress report from the Select Committee upon J. G. McGregor's Case Published: (1858)
- Ballaarat [i.e. Ballarat] East election : report from The Committee of Elections and Qualifications upon the application of the Hon. R. M. McGregor for a recount of the votes at the election held on the 26th June 1924 : together with the proceedings of the Committee and minutes of evidence Published: (1924)
- Report on Maribyrnong, Mont Park, Thornbury, Pender's Grove, and Werribee : also Sir Thomas Bent's interest in certain lands adjacent to the St. Kilda-Brighton electric street tramway : with findings and minutes of evidence Published: (1909)
- Minutes of evidence taken before the Royal Commission Appointed to Inquire into the Progress of Settlement Under the Land Act of 1869; Also to Suggest Such Amendments Therein as May Appear to be Necessary; And Further to Report Upon the Steps Necessary to Meet the Requirements of the Country on the Termination of the Pastoral Tenure at the Close of the Year 1880 Published: (1879)
- Sale of certain Crown lands : correspondence : return to address, Mr. Fawkner--20th August, 1852 Published: (1853)