Report from the Royal Commission on the Brick Manufacturing Industry of Victoria
|Corporate Author:||Royal Commission on the Brick Manufacturing Industry of Victoria|
|Other Authors:||Barnes, Samuel, 1865-1951, Farthing, Alfred Alexander, 1872-1953, Gordon, John, 1858-1937, Hannah, Martin, 1865-1953, McWhae, John, Sir, 1858-1927, Owen, John Herbert, b. 1868, Rees, Richard Bloomfield, 1859-1935, Rogers, Alexander, 1869-1928, Victoria. Governor (1914-1920 : Stanley)|
Melbourne : Albert J. Mullett, Government. Printer, 1914
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1914, no. 33
GP V 1914 no. 33
"Presented to both Houses of Parliament by His Excellency's command"
Report "To His Excellency Sir Arthur Lyulph Stanley ... Governor of the State of Victoria"
Commissioners: Martin Hannah (chairman), Samuel Barnes, Alfred Alexander Farthing, John Gordon, John McWhae, Richard Bloomfield Rees and Alexander Rogers
M. Hannah and Alexander Rogers dissented from certain conclusions in the Commission report
"J. H. Owen, Secretary"
Includes references to evidence given by: James Allard (lately connected with the brickmaking industry), W. H. Allard (councillor, Northcote?), A. H. Angliss (part proprietor, Clifton Brick Company), C. W. Ballantyne (architect), A. Baxter (brickmaker and part proprietor Oakleigh and South Yarra Brick Works), J. E. Burke (architect, Melbourne), W. R. Butler (Butler and Bradshaw, architects, Melbourne), C. H. Cerutty (clerk, Oakleigh Brick Co.), J. Collins (contractor and master builder 7 years), B. Cook (Builders<U+2019> Brick Works), B. Cooke (estate agent, Brunswick), W. E. Cooper (contractor), J. Fenton (secretary, Glen Iris Company), E. R. Ferry (terracotta and pipe manufacturer), J. N. Gamble (manager and partner, Clifton Brick Company), J. W. Hardy (senior architect, Victorian Railway Dept.), R. Harper (contractor), H. Henningsen (contractor), W. F. Holden (contractor and builder 20 years), C. W. Howson (secretary, Hoffman Brick Company), S. E. Hutton (general manager, State Brick and Lime Works, Sydney), W. G. Ireland (contractor), E. or L. Jones (manager, Hoffman Brick Company), Clements. Langford (part proprietor, Excelsior Brick Company and builder), H. R. Lawson (contractor), R. McDonald (builder 28 years), J. McKell (part proprietor, Oakleigh and South Yarra Brick Works), G. Mayhew (foreman of works, Victorian Railways Dept.), W. Miers (bricklayer), F. E. Morgan (contractor), J. J. Osborne (secretary, Brick Masters<U+2019> Association), A. G. Plowman (contractor), E. H. M. Ratcliff (contractor and master builder), H. Rooks (City Brick Company), F. E. Shilabeer (contractor and builder 24 years), F. Spears (manager, City Brick Company), W.G. Sprigg (accountant), C. Stacey (manager, Glen Iris Brick Co.), D. A. Swanson (master builder 25 years), C. W. Timmins (builder and contractor), Colonel Watson (chief architect, Public Works Dept., Melbourne), S. J. Willis (part proprietor, Excelsior Brick Company), H. F. Young (chairman of directors, Northcote Brick Company)
MINUTES OF EVIDENCE NOT PRINTED
28p. ; 34cm.
- Inquiry into manufacturing in Victoria : report of the Economic Development and Infrastructure Committee on the Inquiry into manufacturing in Victoria Published: (2010)
- Report from the Select Committee upon State Monopoly in Manufacture of Tobacco : together with the proceedings of the Committee, minutes of evidence and an appendix Published: (1896)
- Report from the Committee of Public Accounts (imported materials used by departments) Published: (1914)
- Tariff : report of the Royal Commission : together with appendices and minutes of evidence : presented to both Houses of Parliament by His Excellency's command Published: (1883)
- Report from the Select Committee Upon Alleged Roll Stuffing at Avoca : together with the proceedings of the Committee and minutes of evidence Published: (1893)