Occupation of crown lands : report of the Commission Appointed to Enquire into the Tenure of the Waste Lands of the Crown : with proceedings of Committee and appendix
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Commission Appointed to Enquire into the Tenure of the Waste Lands of the Crown|
|Other Authors:||Bathurst, William Lennox Bathurst, Earl of, 1791-1878, Bradshaw, Charles, b. 1805?, Clarke, Andrew, Sir, 1824-1902, Fawkner, John Pascoe, 1792-1869, Forlonge, William, 1811-1890, Greville, Charles Cavendish Fulke, 1794-1865, Griffith, Charles James, 1808-1863, Haines, William Clark, 1810-1866, Nicholson, William, 1816-1865, O'Shanassy, John, Sir, 1818-1883, Palmer, James Frederick, Sir, 1803-1871, Stawell, William Foster, Sir, 1815-1889, Strachan, James Ford, 1810-1875, Thomson, E. Deas Sir, 1800-1879, Great Britain. Waste Lands, Australia Act 1846 c. 104, Victoria. Governor (1855 : Hotham)|
Melbourne : John Ferres, Government Printer, 1855
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1854-55, no. B 70
GP V 1854/55 no. B 70 (2.1 MB)
"Ordered by the Council to be printed 8th June 1855"
The Commission was appointed on 2nd November 1854 and comprised: Attorney General William Foster Stawell (chairman), Charles Bradshaw MLC, Survor General Andrew Clarke (also Corps of Royal Engineers captain), John Pascoe Fawkner MLC, William Forlonge MLC, President of the Commissioners of Sewerage and Water Supply Charles James Griffith, William Clerk Haines MLC, William Nicholson MLC, John O'Shanassy MLC, Speaker of the Legislative Council James Frederick Palmer and James Ford Strachan MLC
James Palmer, Charles Griffith, John O'Shanassy, John Pascoe Fawkner, William Nicholson, William Clerk Haines and Charles Bradshaw signed the report under protest and the five protests are appended. Palmer and Bradshaw protested jointly, O'Shanassy, Fawkner and Nicholson protested jointly whilst Griffith, Haines and Forlonge protested individually.
Appendices: Waste Lands Occupation Act (i.e. [Great Britain]. An Act To Amend an Act for Regulating the Sale of Waste Land Belonging to the Crown in the Australian Colonies and to Make Further Provision for the Management Thereof) -- [British] Order in Council 9th March 1847 signed Wm. L. Bathurst -- Proclamations 7th Oct. 1847 (Leases of crown lands beyond the settled districts) and 1st Jan. 1848 (Crown lands beyond the settled districts (tranfer of runs)) signed by E. Deas Thomson (Colonial Secretary's Office Sydney) -- Regulations of 29th March 1848 (Occupation of Crown Lands within the settled districts) signed E. Deas Thomson -- [British] Order in Council 11th August 1848 signed C. C. Greville --[British] Order in Council 18th July 1849 signed Wm. L. Bathurst -- [British] Order in Council 19th June 1850 signed Wm. L. Bathurst -- [British] Order in Council 18th October 1854 signed Wm. L. Bathurst -- Draft leases New South Wales
"Chas. Hotham, Governor, Message No. 70"
78p. ; 35cm.
- Crown lands : order in Council relating to occupation Published: (1855)
- Occupation of Crown lands : copy correspondence Published: (1855)
- Land Acts : number and area of selections transferred : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 2nd November 1882 for a return showing the number and area of selections which have been transferred up to 31st December 1881, either during the conditional period of occupancy, at the termination of that period of that period, or after the issue of the crown grant as the case may be ; such return to show separately the transactions under the following heads: 1. The Land Act of 1860. 2. The two classes of selection under the Land Act 1862. 3. The three classes of selection under the Land Act 1865. 4. The 49th section of the Land Act 1869. 5. The 11th section of the Land Act 1878. 6. The 10th section of the Land Act 1878. 7. Showing, in each case, the number and area of selections, if any, which have not reached the stage at which they can be transferred. 8. Showing also the total area selected up to the same date under each head Published: (1883)
- Reserves sold by auction : return to an order of the House dated 14th July 1887 for a return showing the number of 102 and 110 reserves sold by auction since the passing of the Land Act 1884, giving the situation, area and price per acre realized on each block, the name of purchaser and name of present holder, together with the total area at present held by the latter ; also the number and total area of 102 and 110 reserves at the passing of the Land Act 1884 Published: (1887)
- Report from the Select Committee Upon the Administration of the Lands Department with Reference to Grazing Licences : together with the proceedings of the Committee, appendices, and minutes of evidence Published: (1903)