Report of the Royal Commission on Tramway Fares Revision (Melbourne Tramway and Omnibus Co. Ltd.) : together with appendices and minutes of evidence
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Royal Commission on Tramway Fares Revision (Melbourne Tramway and Omnibus Co. Ltd.)|
|Other Authors:||Alexander, Charles F., Clapp, Francis Boardman, 1833-1920, Cotter, Edmund (Edmond) John, 1866-1947, Ellis, C. W., Elmslie, George Alexander, 1861-1918, Goodman, William George Toop, Sir, 1872-1961, Hamilton, Talbot, 1842-1915, Keast, William Stephen, 1866-1927, Mackinnon, Donald, 1859-1932, Parker, Arthur Charles, ca. 1860-1920, Somerset, H. J., Spurway, James. Spencer, 1858-1928, Stanley, W. H., Strangward, West Outtrim, 1870-1929, Swinburne, George, 1861-1928, Weedon, Henry, Sir, 1859-1921, Wilcox, Horace Alexander, ca.1849-1920|
Melbourne : J. Kemp, Government Printer, 1911
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1911 no. 15
GP V 1911 no. 15 (6.3 MB)
"Presented to both Houses of Parliament by His Excellency's command"
Commission comprised: George Swinburne (President), E. J. Cotter, George A. Elmslie, William S. Keast, Donald Mackinnon and Sir Henry Weedon
Witnesses examined: Sir William Hill Irvine, Francis Boardman Clapp (managing director Melbourne Tramway and Omnibus Company), Horace A. Wilcox (secretary MTOC), William Gardiner Sprigg (director MTOC), Thomas James Tait (chairman Victorian Railways Commissioners), Edwin Bona Jones (passenger & freight agent Vic. Railways), William Campbell (engineer), James Turnbull (supt. engineer MTOC), West Outtrim Strangward (acting secretary Melbourne Tramways Trust), Joseph Roberts (manager repair shops MTOC), Talbot Hamilton (secretary/engineer Melbourne Tramways Trust) and Alexander Cameron (chairman Prahran and Malvern Tramway Trust)
Appendices include statements/returns &c. from Francis Clapp, Horace Wilcox, West Strangward and Talbot Hamilton
Appendix 5: Balance sheet of the Melbourne Tramways Trust at 30th September 1910 (W. O. Strangward (treasurer) and C. W. Ellis (auditor))
Appendix 27: New South Wales government tramways fares and charges : showing the sections together with the mileage of each (J. G. [i.e. S?] Spurway sec. N.S.W. Railways and Tramways)
Appendix 31: Adelaide municipal tramways, lengths of sections, electric service (W. G. T. Goodman chief engineer and general manager)
Appendix 33: Dunedin City Corporation electric tramways - fares, mileage, times, &c. furnished by Charles F. Alexander (manager))
Appendix 34: Perth electric tramways - fares, mileage, times, &c. furnished by H. J. Somerset (manager & engineer).
Appendix 35: Kalgoorlie electric tramways - mileage, time alllowances, fares, &c. furnished by W. H. Stanley (manager).
Appendix 36: Hobart electric tramways furnished by A. C. Parker
cx, 91p. ; 32cm.
- Minutes of evidence and appendices / Published: (1912)
- Tramway employes grievances : report of the Royal Commission Appointed to Inquire into the Grievances of Employes of the Melbourne Tramway and Omnibus Company Limited : with minutes of evidence and appendices Published: (1898)
- Report from the Select Committee of the Legislative Assembly upon the Melbourne Tramway & Omnibus Company's Additional Branches Bill : together with the proceedings of the Committee and minutes of evidence Published: (1884)
- Report from the Select Committee of the Legislative Assembly upon the Suburban Tramways Company Bill : together with the proceedings of the Committee and minutes of evidence Published: (1890)
- Third progress report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on the proposed suburban electric tramways (South Melbourne) : together with minutes of evidence Published: (1912)