Final report of the Royal Commission on the Working as a Business Undertaking of the Victorian Railways
|Corporate Author:||Royal Commission on the Working as a Business Undertaking of the Victorian Railways|
|Other Authors:||Johnson, Tom Richard, d.1935, Jones, Timothy George, b. 1886, Victoria. Governor (1914-1920 : Stanley)|
Melbourne : Albert J. Mullett, Government Printer, 1917
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1917, no. 19
GP V 1917 no. 19
"Presented to both Houses of Parliament by His Excellency's command"
Report "To His Excellency the Honorable Sir Arthur Lyulph Stanley ... Governor of the State of Victoria"
Commission comprised Tom Richard Johnson
"T. G. Jones, Secretary"
"Forty-two witnesses have been called, including Members of the Legislature, two of the Railways Commissioners, several of the principal Railway officers, and other gentlemen not connected with the Railways who were prepared to furnish information useful to the inquiry" -- 
Includes references to the evidence given by E. B. Jones (railway commissioner) p. 8, 23, Maurice Kernot p. 18, Charles Norman (chairman Railways Commissioners) p. 20, 23, William Shannon (chief mechanical engineer) p. 23-24 and William H. Renwick (rep. Free Trade and Land Values League) p. 25
Other mentions: editors of the Age and the Argus p. 6, Country Roads Board p. 20, Locomotive Depot at North Melbourne p. , locomotive works at Ballarat and Bendigo p. 22-23, 27, Newport Locomotive Works p. , 22-23, 27, Railways Commissioners p. 16-20, 24-27 and State Coal Mine p. , 24
27p. ; 33cm.
- Report of the Royal Commission on the Cost of Making Railway Locomotives at the Phoenix Foundry, Ballarat, and at the Newport Railway Workshops, etc. : together with appendices and minutes of evidence Published: (1905)
- Report from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways on the financial results of the Beech Forest to Crowes railway Published: (1917)
- Interim report of the Royal Commission on the Working as a Business Undertaking of the Victorian Railways Published: (1917)
- Dismissal of employés from the railway workshops : return to an order of the House dated 29th July 1891 for a copy of all correspondence connected with the recent dismissal of boilermakers and others from the railway workshop at Newport, with a statement of the Railways Commissioners' reasons for such dismissals Published: (1891)
- Victorian Railways : report of the Victorian Railways Commissioners for the financial year ending 30th June, 1912 Published: (1912)