Mornington election : report from The Committee of Elections and Qualifications upon the petition of Louis Lawrence Smith against the return of Alfred Downward for the electoral district of Mornington : together with the proceedings of the Committee and minutes of evidence
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Parliament. Legislative Assembly. Committee of Elections and Qualifications|
|Other Authors:||Beazley, William David, 1854-1912, Burton, John Balfour, 1842-1918, Cameron, Ewen Hugh, 1831-1915, Gaunson, David, 1846-1909, Harris, Albert, 1842?-1910, Moule, William Henry, 1858-1939, Reid, Robert Dyce, 1829-1900, Smith, Robert Murray, 1831-1921, Wallace, John Alston, 1828-1901|
Melbourne : Robt. S. Brain, Government Printer, 1895
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1894-95, no. D 2
GP V 1894/95 no. D 2 (1.8 MB)
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed 8th January 1895"
Committee comprised: William David Beazley (Chairman), John Balfour Burton, Ewen Hugh Cameron, Albert Harris, William Henry Moule, Robert Dyce Reid and Robert Murray Smith
David Gaunson appeared as Counsel and John Wallace as Agent for Louis Lawrence Smith
Alfred Downard acted on his own behalf
Witnesses examined: William Valentine Robinson (Clerk Legislative Assembly), William Jolliffe (deputy electoral registrar Korumburra), Adam Ritchie (farmer Garfield), Joseph William Hazledine (electoral registrar Dromana, Flinders & Tootgarook Divisions), Frederick Henry Reynaud Cook (Shire Secretary Poowong & Jeetho), Henry Martyn Lind (chief electoral insptector Chief Secretary's Dept.), John Peaty (labourer Dromana), Joseph Martin Reed (assistant surveyor Lands Dept.), Neil McQueen (shire engineer Dromana), Henry Bucher, Hugo Seideberg (voter Bunyip), Charles John Ortguist (voter Gembrook), James Charles Lyons (voter Bunyip), Titus Griffiths (Korumburra), Henry Aiken (railway employé Clyde), Robert Graham (railway employé Korumburra), Charles Gavan Duffy (cerk-assistant Legislative Assembly), Thomas Gomm (fisherman Rosebud), John Calvin Griffith (farmer Dromana/councillor Flinders and Kangerong), Alfred Downward (MLA for Mornington), Thomas Stacey (publican Bunyip), Joseph Watson (labourer Bunyip), William Bank Smith (settler Bunyip), Matthew John Purcell (clerk Registrar of Titles Office) and Johan Glismann (farmer Beaconsfield).
xxi, 42p. ; 34cm.
- Electoral returns : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 14th August 1877 for a return showing (1.) The population in each electorate of the colony at the late general election (2.) The number of male residents in each electorate over 21 years of age (3.) The number of electors on the ratepayers and general rolls respectively in every division of every electorate (4.) The number of electors in every division of every electorate who voted, distinguishing the ratepayers from the general voters (5.) The number of votes received by each candidate in each electoral division Published: (1877)
- Williamstown election : report from the Committee of Elections and Qualifications upon the petition of William Henry Williams against the return of William Thomas Carter for the electoral district of Williamstown : together with the proceedings of the Committee and minutes of evidence Published: (1889)
- Report from the Select Committee upon the Expenditure for Advertisements : together with the proceedings of the Committee, minutes of evidence and appendices Published: (1872)
- Report from the Select Committee Upon the Supreme Court Buildings : together with the proceedings of the Committee and minutes of evidence Published: (1878)
- Report from the Select Committee upon the Coal Mining Industry : together with the appendices and minutes of evidence Published: (1907)