Report from the Joint Select Committee of the Legislative Council and the Legislative Assembly on the Codification of Laws : together with the proceedings of the Committee, appendix, and the minutes of evidence
|Corporate Author:||Victoria. Parliament. Joint Select Committee on the Codification of Laws|
|Other Authors:||Bosisto, Joseph, 1824-1898, Brown, Frederick, 1829-1903, Davies, Matthew Henry, Sir, 1850-1912, Fitzgerald, Nicholas, 1829-1908, Hearn, William Edward, 1826-1888, Melville, Donald, 1829?-1919, Officer, Charles Myles, 1827-1904, Patterson, James Brown, Sir, 1833-1895, Quick, John, Sir, 1852-1932, Sargood, Frederick Thomas, Sir, 1834-1903, Shiels, William, 1848-1904, Tucker, A. L. 1843-1902|
Melbourne : Robt. S. Brain, Government Printer, 1887
|Parliamentary Paper Number:||
Parliamentary paper (Victoria. Parliament) ;
1887, no. D 7
GP V 1887 no. D 7 (1.1 MB)
"Ordered by the Legislative Assembly to be printed 20th October 1887"
Committee comprised William E. Hearn (Chairman), Joseph Bosisto, Matthew Davies, Charles Officer, James Patterson, Dr. John Quick, William Shiels, A. L. Tucker, Liet.-Col. Sargood, Donald Melville, Frederick Brown and Nicholas FitzGerald.
Witnesses examined: James Joseph Casey (Judge County Court), George Henry Frederick Webb (Judge Supreme Court), George Diehl (given as Deihl) McCormick (barrister), Joseph Woolf (solicitor), Thomas Prout Webb (Master-in-Equity & Master-in-Lunacy), Chief Justice George Higinbotham, George Henry Neighbour (barrister), William Edward Hearn and Thomas Patrick McInerney Q.C.
viii, 26p. ; 34cm.
- Report from the Joint Select Committee of the Legislative Council and the Legislative Assembly on the General Code Bill : together with the proceedings of the Committee, minutes of evidence, and appendices Published: (1888)
- East Bourke election : report from the Committee of Elections and Qualifications upon the petition of George Diehl (given as Deihl) McCormick Esq. against the return of Frederick Race Godfrey Esq. : together with the proceedings of the Committee and minutes of evidence Published: (1874)
- Law reform : report of Royal Commission for Inquiring as to the Means of Avoiding Unnecessary Delay and Expense and of Making Improvements in the Administration of Justice and in the Working of the Law : together with minutes of evidence and appendices : presented to both Houses of Parliament by His Excellency's command Published: (1899)
- Electoral returns : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 3rd June 1874, for (1.) The population in each electorate of the Colony at the late general election (2.) The number of male and female residents in each electorate over 21 years of age (3.) The number of electors on the ratepayers' and general rolls respectively in each electorate (4.) The number of electors in each electorate who votes, distinguishing the ratepayers from the general voters (5.) The number of votes received by each candidate in each electorate (6.) The number of electors left off the roll through non-payment of rates Published: (1876)
- Electoral returns : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 14th August 1877 for a return showing (1.) The population in each electorate of the colony at the late general election (2.) The number of male residents in each electorate over 21 years of age (3.) The number of electors on the ratepayers and general rolls respectively in every division of every electorate (4.) The number of electors in every division of every electorate who voted, distinguishing the ratepayers from the general voters (5.) The number of votes received by each candidate in each electoral division Published: (1877)