Select Committee on Public Land Development
Terms of Reference
On 2 May 2007 the Legislative Council agreed to the following Resolution:
1. A Select Committee of 7 Members be appointed to inquire into —
(a) the sale or alienation of public land for development;
(b) the sale or alienation of public open space for the purposes of private development; and
(c) the sale and development of public land and the relationship to the Melbourne 2030 policy and Green Wedges.
2. The Committee will consist of 2 Members from the Government Party nominated by the Leader of the Government, 2 Members from the Opposition nominated by the Leader of the Opposition, 1 Member from The Nationals nominated by the Leader of The Nationals, 1 Member from the Australian Greens nominated by the Australian Greens Whip and Mr Peter Kavanagh, MLC from the Democratic Labor Party.3
3. The Members will be appointed by lodgement of the names with the President by the persons referred to in paragraph (2) no later than 4.00 p.m. on Friday, 4 May 2007 .
4. The first meeting of the Committee must be held no later than 4.00 p.m. on Monday, 21 May 2007 .
5. The Committee may proceed to the despatch of business notwithstanding that all Members have not been appointed and notwithstanding any vacancy.
6 Members of the Committee will constitute a quorum of the Committee.
7. The Chair of the Committee will be a non-Government Member and the Deputy Chair will be a Government Member.
8. The Committee will advertise its terms of reference and call for submissions and all such submissions received by the Committee will be treated as public documents unless the Committee otherwise orders.
9. The Committee may commission persons to investigate and report to the Committee on any aspects of its inquiry.
10. The Committee will present its final report to the Council no later than 30 June 2008.
11. The presentation of a report or interim report of the Committee will not be deemed to terminate the Committee's appointment, powers or functions.
12. The foregoing provisions of this resolution, so far as they are inconsistent with the Standing Orders and Sessional Orders or practices of the Council will have effect notwithstanding anything contained in the Standing or Sessional Orders or practices of the Council.