Re-Member (Former Members)
- 23 November 1829 (Aberdeen)
- 05 May 1889 (Pau, France)
- Captain Francis and Isabella, nee Esson?
- (1) 1851, Ann Greeves; no children; (2) 1885 London, Mary Irvine Oliphant; no children
- Tyzack's Academy, Liverpool
- Arrived Melbourne c1842; worked on father's sheep station and took over management; took up own land in the Wimmera; acquired a station near Skipton; also owned a station near Albury; made munificent gifts for the founding of Working Men's College, for the college at Melbourne University named after him and the Chair of Music, and to St Paul's Cathedral building fund.;
- South Western
- 1st Apr 1882
- 1st May 1889
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
- Royal commission public instruction 1881
- Australian Dictionary of Biography, 5; Ross, C. S., 'Francis Ormond', London, 1912.
- Initial Data Source
- Thomson, K & Serle, G, 'A Biographical Register of the Victorian Legislature 1851-1900', ANU Press, 1972
- Last Update
- Array (last date the record was checked and updated)