Re-Member (Former Members)
Ian Malcolm John Baker
- Werribee, Victoria
- BEd 1978 (La Trobe). MBA 1983 (Melbourne).
- Journalist 1963-69. Education writer, Chief Industrial Reporter, The Age 1969-71. Staff writer Nation Review 1971-73. Chief of Reporting Staff, ABC News, Vic. 1975-76. Producer 'This Day Tonight', 1977. Editor ABC News, Vic. 1978-82. Consultant to the Treasurer 1983-85. Executive Director Committee of Enquiry into Victorian Workers' Compensation System 1983-84. Dir. of Insurance Policy and Management, Dept. of Management and Budget 1985-88. Treasurer's representative, Board of Victorian Accident Compensation Commission 1985-88. Dir., Melbourne Comedy Festival 1988. Dir., ACTU Union Assurances Company 1987-90. Memberships: Chairman, National Journalists' Union Superannuation Trust 1987-90; Chairman, Review of Victorian Agricultural Science 1990. Member: Werribee Golf Club; Footscray Football Club.;
- Australian Labor Party
- Party Note
- Member ALP Economic Policy Committee 1984-88.
- 1st Oct 1988
- 17th Sep 1999
- Lost preselection
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
- Inaugural Speech
- 26 October 1988, ALP, Assembly, Sunshine
- Other seats contested
- Contested Sunshine as an Independent, 1999.
- Minister for Property and Services 1990-1991. Minister for Agriculture 1991-1992. Minister for Food and Agriculture Jan-Oct 1992. Shadow Treasurer 1992-1994. Committee Service: Economic and Budget Review Cttee and Estimates Cttee 1988-1990. Deputy Chair Public Accounts and Estimates Cttee 1992-96. Library Cttee 1992-1996. LA Standing Orders Cttee and Road Safety Cttee 1996-1999. Chaired Review of Agricultural Research in Victoria April 1989-February 1990.
- Victorian Parliamentary Handbook.
- Initial Data Source
- Victorian Parliamentary Handbook, 53rd Parliament
- Last Update
- Array (last date the record was checked and updated)