Ministers & Members Search - Hon Jane Garrett (Brunswick)
Hon Jane Garrett
- Australian Labor Party
- Legislative Assembly
- Economic, Education, Jobs and Skills
- Street Address
- Suite 1, 31 Nicholson Street, Brunswick East, VIC 3057
- (03) 9384 1241
- (03) 9384 0481
- Hon Jane Furneaux Garrett
- Married, three children.
- Birth Country
- running, AFL
- Australian Services Union
- Carlton Football Club
- Emily's List
- BA 1993, LLB(Hons) 1996 (ANU).
- Associate to Justice Boultan, AIRC 1997. Union Officer, Transport Workers Union 1999. Articled Clerk, Holding Redlich 1998. Senior Adviser, Office of Premier Steve Bracks 2000-04. Mayor, City of Yarra 2010. Lawyer, Slater and Gordon 2004-10.
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLA for Brunswick November 2010
- Re-elected November 2014
- Minister for Emergency Services and Minister for Consumer Affairs, Gaming and Liquor Regulation December 2014-June 2016
- Committees Service
- Dep Chair, Law Reform Cttee May 2011-July 2013. Public Accounts and Estimates Cttee February-November 2014. Economic, Education, Jobs and Skills Cttee since March 2017.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Shadow Minister for Police and Emergency Services February 2012-December 2013
- Shadow Cabinet Secretary December 2013-December 2014
- Party Positions
- ALP Member since 1997. ALP National Vice President.
Last updated: August 9th, 2017