Ministers & Members Search - Hon Telmo Languiller (Tarneit)
Hon Telmo Languiller
- Australian Labor Party
- Legislative Assembly
- Street Address
- Tenancy C1, Level 1, 100 Overton Road, Williams Landing, VIC 3027
- Postal Address
- Tenancy C1, Level 1, 100 Overton Road, Williams Landing, VIC
- (03) 9916 1778
- (03) 9916 1781
- Hon Telmo Ramon Languiller
- Four children.
- Birth Country
- human rights issues, community radio, studying languages, music, long-distance swimming, rowing and soccer, Uruguayan Social Club.
- Amnesty International
- 3CR Community Radio
- 3ZZZ Community Radio.
- Flemington HS. University HS. BA (Footscray Institute of Technology).
- Labourer, Orderly and Spanish Interpreter 1974-78. Trade Union Migrant Workers' Centre 1979-85. Occupational Rehabilitation Policy Officer, Health Services Union 1985-92. Electorate Officer for Hon. Brian Howe MHR, 1993-96. Chief of Staff for Hon. Dr Andrew Theophanous MHR, 1996-99.
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLA for Sunshine September 1999
- Electorate abolished in 2002 redivision
- Elected MLA for Derrimut November 2002
- Re-elected November 2006, November 2010
- Acting Speaker March 2004-November 2010
- Elected MLA for Tarneit November 2014
- Speaker of the Legislative Assembly December 2014-March 2017
- Parliamentary Secretary, Community Services December 2002-December 2006
- Parliamentary Secretary, Multicultural Affairs December 2006-August 2007
- Parliamentary Secretary, Human Services August 2007-December 2010
- Committees Service
- Law Reform Cttee and Library Cttee 1999-2002. Scrutiny of Acts and Regulations Cttee March 2007-November 2010. Dep Chair, Road Safety Cttee May 2011-November 2014. LA Standing Orders Cttee and House Cttee April 2015-March 2017, Chair House Cttee May 2015-March 2017.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary to the Leader of the Opposition and Multicultural Affairs December 2010-December 2014
- Party Positions
- Member of the ALP. Delegate, ALP State Conference. Member, Immigration and Ethnic Affairs Policy Cttee 1996-98. Member, Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade Policy Cttee since 1998. Proxy Delegate, ALP National Conference 1998.
Last updated: May 18th, 2017