Function of the Committee
The Law Reform, Road and Community Safety Committee is constituted under section 13 of the Parliamentary Committees Act 2003.
The committee's functions are to inquire into, consider and report to the Parliament on any proposal, matter or thing concerned with:
- legal, constitutional or parliamentary reform
- the administration of justice
- law reform
- the use of drugs, including the manufacture, supply or distribution of drugs
- the level or causes of crime or violent behaviour
- road trauma
- safety on roads and related matters.
It is not a function of the committee to inquire into, consider or report to the Parliament on any proposal, matter or thing concerned with:
- the joint standing orders of the Parliament
- the standing orders or rules of practice of the Council or the Assembly.
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 22 April 2015 16:45