Terms of Reference
Received from the Legislative Council on 23 November 2016*:
That pursuant to section 33 of the Parliamentary Committees Act 2003 this house requires the Law Reform, Road and Community Safety Committee to inquire into, consider and report, no later than 30 November 2017 —
- the effectiveness of VicRoads in managing country roads;
- the existing funding model and its lack of effectiveness for country Victoria;
- the lack of consultation with regional communities and their subsequent lack of input into prioritising which roads are in dire need of repair; and
- the option of dismantling VicRoads and creating a specific Country Roads organisation and separate Metropolitan Roads body.
*The reporting date has been extended to 26 July 2018.
- Created: Thursday, 07 June 2012 10:12
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 06 June 2018 15:02