Terms of Reference
Inquiry into Mandatory Ethanol and Biofuels Targets in Victoria
That the Economic Development and Infrastructure Committee to inquire into, consider and report to Parliament on mandatory ethanol and biofuels targets in Victoria – and, in particular, the Committee is required to :
- report on the merits or otherwise of a mandated target for alternative fuels including biofuels and ethanol;
- report on whether a mandatory target should be 5% by 2010, 10% by 2015 or otherwise;
- report on the measures required by Government to facilitate an alternative fuels industry in Victoria for transport and non-transport applications; and
- report on how to maximise the regional economic development benefits of a mandatory biofuels target including jobs growth and investment potential.
The Committee is required to report to Parliament by 31 March 2008.
- Created: Tuesday, 06 October 2009 15:32
- Last Updated: Thursday, 07 July 2011 16:39