Inquiry into the Education and Prevention Functions of Victoria’s Integrity Agencies
Terms of Reference
That the Integrity and Oversight Committee inquire into and report to the Parliament, no later than 30 March 2021, on:
(1) The Victorian legislative framework with regard to the education and prevention functions of the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC), the Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner (OVIC), the Victorian Inspectorate (VI) and the Victorian Ombudsman (VO).
(2) The current policies, practices and activities of IBAC, OVIC, the VI and the VO regarding the exercise of their education and prevention functions––including their application to the integrity agencies themselves, public sector bodies and the Victorian community.
(3) Best practice with respect to integrity agencies’ education about, and prevention of, corruption and other misconduct, drawing on interstate and international experience.
(4) Whether the exercise by IBAC, OVIC, the VI and the VO of their education and prevention functions throughout Victoria meets best practice.
(5) What improvements can be made to integrity agency education and prevention functions and their exercise by IBAC, OVIC, the VI and the VO.
* The reporting date for this inquiry has been extended to 30 June 2021