Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission
The Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission Committee is one of nine joint investigatory committees of the Parliament of Victoria. In the 58th Parliament, its members were appointed on 16 April 2015.
The Committee has a number of functions under the Parliamentary Committees Act 2003, including:
- monitoring, reviewing and reporting to Parliament on the performance of the Independent Broad‑based Anti‑corruption Commission
- examining any reports made by the Commission
- considering any proposed appointment of a Commissioner (the committee has a power of veto under the Independent Broad‑based Anti‑corruption Commission Act 2011)
- monitoring, reviewing and reporting to Parliament on the performance of the Victorian Inspectorate
- considering any proposed appointment of an Inspector (the committee has a power of veto under the Victorian Inspectorate
For further information, please contact the secretariat on 03 8682 2815 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Under section 12 of the Parliamentary Committees Act 2003, the Committee does not have the power to consider individual complaints about corruption and misconduct. These should be directed to the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission or Victoria Police.
|Inquiry into the external oversight of police corruption and misconduct in Victoria|