Terms of Reference
Received from the Legislative Assembly on 14 April 2016:
That, under s 33 of the Parliamentary Committees Act 2003, an inquiry be referred to the Environment, Natural Resources and Regional Development Committee for consideration and report no later than 30 March 2017* into the benefits of Parks Victoria and other agencies such as the Game Management Authority’s use of community hunting organisations and individuals in the control of invasive animals on Crown land including but not limited to the following:
- assessment of the biodiversity outcomes, community safety and limitations of the trial conducted by Parks Victoria on control of deer populations in a national park;
- consideration of the application of these types of programs for other invasive animal species in partnership with Crown land managers;
- assessment of the relative costs and benefits, financial or otherwise, of other forms of pest control in national parks.
* The reporting date has been extended to 22 June 2017.
- Created: Thursday, 14 April 2016 12:04
- Last Updated: Friday, 17 March 2017 17:17