Terms of Reference
Self-referenced by the Committee on 9 February 2016:
That the Economy and Infrastructure Standing Committee inquire into and report on the Road Safety Road Rules 2009 (Overtaking Bicycles) Bill 2015 and, in particular — to inquire into, consider and make recommendations in relation to an evaluation of a minimum passing distance rule for motorists when overtaking cyclists, in terms of:
- The outcomes and experience of implementing similar laws in other Australian states and territories, such as Queensland, the Australian Capital Territory and Tasmania.
- The educational campaign that would be required to effectively implement the Bill in Victoria.
- The enforcement policies and strategies that would be required to implement the Bill in Victoria.
In conducting the inquiry, the Committee is requested to seek information from government and non-government agencies, interstate jurisdictions, cycling and motorists groups and the community.
The Bill being considered by the Committee is avaliable from the Victorian Legislation and Parliamentary Documents website.
- Created: Friday, 29 May 2015 12:59
- Last Updated: Friday, 26 May 2017 14:42